Highlighted
mfendler
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Jack wire and mic replacment for AXH-32-05

My headset audio is intermittent due to an older wire.  It is marked AHX-32-05. Can i replace it with the newer replacement cords offered for the A20 headsets?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Jack wire and mic replacment for AXH-32-05

Hello mfendler, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with audio on your Aviation Headset X. 

Our newer A20 components are not compatible with our older AHX models, due to differences in the design and architecture of both headsets. We use different internal electronics and drivers, resulting in the components not being compatible with the newer designs. 

Due to the age of the AHX, we are no longer able to provide replacement components or perform service on the headset. You may, however, be able to source these components through third-party retailers, or second hand. Our community members here may be able to provide you with their own personal experiences or thoughts to this. 

If you're located within the USA or Canda, we're currently running an AHX trade-in promotion if you are interested in exchanging your headset. Information regarding this can be found via our website HERE. Please note, this is a limited time offer which is subject to change, and as such, please refer to our website for further information.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
mfendler
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Re: Jack wire and mic replacment for AXH-32-05

Thanks for this information, Tegan.  I was afraid this may be the case.  I will continue to see whether anyone has a good cable for an otherwise broken headset and will likely take up the Bose trade in offer if I am unable to find on in the next week or so.  Can you say the final date of the limited time offer for this exchange promo?  Thanks