Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

LEMO wiring

I tried calling Bose support today and I got a woman who wasn't versed in the product, very disapointed.

Situation is I am looking to install the LEMO connectors in my aircraft, a total of 6 connectors with power, my question to support was the wiring diagram shows a 1/2 amp fuse/breaker but doesn't say if I can use the same power feed/fuse for multiple headsets.

When I asked the woman from Bose support she had no idea about the wiring digram and asked "where did I get the diagram"  I told her it is in the owners manual!  and it was at that point I gave up with the phone support

-PA23

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: LEMO wiring

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey PA23,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Bose aviation boards!

I'm sorry to hear that you may have experienced issues with our phone support, but I'd love to help here.

You are correct - the Owner's Guide outlines the wiring diagrams and pinouts for the 6-pin socket connection. In this, we list either a 1/4 amp, fast-blow fuse (AGC 1/4 amp fuse) or 1/2 amp circuit breaker. However, this is specific to the single socket described within the documentation.

While you may be able to pull power from a common source bus, it is recommended that each connector is individually fused, as to protect each headset from damage. In addition, this protects the aircraft wiring in the case of a pinched headset wire or other short condition.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: LEMO wiring

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey PA23,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Bose aviation boards!

I'm sorry to hear that you may have experienced issues with our phone support, but I'd love to help here.

You are correct - the Owner's Guide outlines the wiring diagrams and pinouts for the 6-pin socket connection. In this, we list either a 1/4 amp, fast-blow fuse (AGC 1/4 amp fuse) or 1/2 amp circuit breaker. However, this is specific to the single socket described within the documentation.

While you may be able to pull power from a common source bus, it is recommended that each connector is individually fused, as to protect each headset from damage. In addition, this protects the aircraft wiring in the case of a pinched headset wire or other short condition.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post