Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Military or Civilian

I have an A20 headset with bluetooth and a U174 plug.  I need to know if this is compatible with military or civilian helicopters.  How can I tell?  Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Military or Civilian

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hey APorter,

Many helicopters may use a range of different connector types. As a generalization, the U174 is typically the most common connection type for civilian helicopters. However, I would encourage you to check with the manufacturer of your helicopter to confirm what is recommended for your use.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hi Aporter,

A Bose Mod will likely pick this enquiry and give you the exact detail and how to enter the model number into their website, but a U174 is used on Mil Heli's and some Civvy. Bluetooth suggests it may have an Electret Mic as opposed to a Low Impedance and so therefore possibly Civilian?

I have a Jetranger with U174 and Electret Mics for instance.

Best regards,

Larry

Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hey APorter,

Many helicopters may use a range of different connector types. As a generalization, the U174 is typically the most common connection type for civilian helicopters. However, I would encourage you to check with the manufacturer of your helicopter to confirm what is recommended for your use.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post