Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Noise cancelling switches off automatically, even with full batteries

Bose A-20 Aviation Headset. UK.

Hello. I have had my headset for just over a year and the active noise cancellation has started to go off automatically, even with full batteries.

It seems to be somewhat random when it happens. Sometimes it's after 10 minutes, sometimes after an hour, but never very long. I changed batteries 3 times in half an hour during my last flight. All the batteries were brand new, so something is not quite right.

I have just turned off the 'auto off' feature (located in the battery compartment), but have yet to test whether this will fix the issue in flight.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Noise cancelling switches off automatically, even with full batteries

Hi @Tim_B

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your A20 headphones, I'll do my best to assist you!

Do you experience issues with sidetone and communication through the headphones as well?

I look forward to hearing from you!  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Hello.

I’m afraid I don’t know what sidetone is, however I don’t experience any communication issues.

Everything seems normal, except the noise cancellation keeps turning off. As said, even with brand new batteries. 

Cheers

Highlighted

Thank you very much for confirming this. 

I would recommend in reaching out to our Aviation team in your region for further assistance. Due note, due to the current global circumstances repairs cannot be made at this time.The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. We are closely monitoring the situation and we do hope to have our Aviation centre open as soon as possible. 

You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

I am having the same issue.  No problem with sidetone or communications.  Just the ANR circuit powers off randomly.  I, too, have replaced the batteries and it has not improved the situation.  Following - and will contact support.  My set is about a year and a half old.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

Same problem. Four year old headset switches off unexpectedly. Sometimes just for a moment, occasionally it just switches off. I am still able to communicate, but it's switched off. It does this whether noisy or quieter in the cockpit.