CactusPilot
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

ProFlight “A” Series Beta Tester :)

My father always said “Never fly the A version on any airplane”. I should have taken his advise. I switched from the A20’s to the ProFlight’s, mainly because of the Talk-through capability and its weight.

I have struggled with the THICK cord which tugs on the headset and the Talk-through. I no longer use the talk-through because it mainly picks up the flight deck fans (A320 family).  Lately, I stoped using the headset all together and just use the company supplied one..yuk!

I now see that BOTH of my issues have been addressed and improved with the Series 2.

My Question is:

Will BOSE offer a trade in offer for us early adopters? As a “BETA” tester for the first series, I’m glad BOSE listened and corrected the issues.

Regards,

Your Captain 

AAL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: ProFlight “A” Series Beta Tester :)

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey David DS and CactusPilot,

We appreciate your feedback! When available, the new, thin cable from the ProFlight Series 2 is backward compatible with the original ProFlight headset. When you buy the new cable, you will get a new boom mic and cable, not just a cable.

Upgrading the cable will provide the following benefits that the new ProFlight Series 2 headset delivers:

1. Thinner, lighter, more flexible cable, which also helps with the stability of the headset on your head
  2. Improved Tap Control for Talk-Thru Communication
  3. A more stable mic element with winglets to assist in proper mic orientation
  4. Improved stability/security of the mic muff (cover)
  5. Ability to convert your headset to a non-Bluetooth enabled configuration. You can choose either a BT or non-BT cable.

The only ProFlight 2 benefit you do not get is the improved "low mode" of ANR. Changing from the old to new cable is just as easy as swapping the side where the cable is mounted on the headset. Simply press the tab, release the current cable and boom, plug in the new cable and boom.

When released, if you'd like to purchase this part please reach out to our team via our website HERE. Select your region and use the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of the page.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kindest, 

Andy B

6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @CactusPilot , and welcome to the Bose Community.

We're glad to hear that you are a fan of the improvements that we're making with our Series II headset, and we aim to impress!

While we currently do not have any information on trade in programs, please keep an eye on Bose.com or the Community for the most up to date information and promotions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Liam W - Community Support

David DS
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

I’m also interested in a trade in. Especially as a long time Bose customer. I’m not happy with the proflight due to the thick, heavy cables. Obviously if a Series 2 is being introduced so soon after the first addition, Bose has recognized that the first addition was poorly designed. I hope they do the right thing and make things right with the first addition customers. Thanks for considering my feedback. 

CactusPilot
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

I have flown with a few colleagues here at AAL that are eager to hear about a possible trade in program. I have also been asked if BOSE might consider upgrading the “series A”? If a trade in is not possible having the option to send our units in for the upgrades would also be great.

Thank you..

Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey David DS and CactusPilot,

We appreciate your feedback! When available, the new, thin cable from the ProFlight Series 2 is backward compatible with the original ProFlight headset. When you buy the new cable, you will get a new boom mic and cable, not just a cable.

Upgrading the cable will provide the following benefits that the new ProFlight Series 2 headset delivers:

1. Thinner, lighter, more flexible cable, which also helps with the stability of the headset on your head
  2. Improved Tap Control for Talk-Thru Communication
  3. A more stable mic element with winglets to assist in proper mic orientation
  4. Improved stability/security of the mic muff (cover)
  5. Ability to convert your headset to a non-Bluetooth enabled configuration. You can choose either a BT or non-BT cable.

The only ProFlight 2 benefit you do not get is the improved "low mode" of ANR. Changing from the old to new cable is just as easy as swapping the side where the cable is mounted on the headset. Simply press the tab, release the current cable and boom, plug in the new cable and boom.

When released, if you'd like to purchase this part please reach out to our team via our website HERE. Select your region and use the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of the page.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kindest, 

Andy B

Highlighted
A330
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

It’s disappointing that Bose isn’t offering at least some discount to current series 1 customers. As a long-time and loyal Bose customer, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a Bose product so rapidly removed from market in anticipation of the second edition coming out. In fact, at present time, you cannot purchase either the series 1 or series 2. This is certainly evidence that Bose realized that they missed their usual high standards in the release of the series 1. 

I will contrast this to a to a customer service experience with an competing ANC headset manufacturer. I wanted to convert the cord on their product from the standard two plug GA to the Airbus connection. I reached out and asked what the cost would be. They responded that because the headset was within the two year warranty period, they would do it for free. They returned the headset with new ear seals, head cushion, and bag. 

I hope that Bose does the right thing in this situation and at least offers a discount. 

kvnlyh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Trade in Proflight Series 1 for Proflight Series 2

Hello,

I am a Proflight Series 1 user, and have read about the improvements of Series 2.
Will there be a program to trade in the Series 1 for Series 2?

Thanks!