McFly767
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

ProFlight Series 2 Loud pop followed by static

Since the first use of this product the slight position adjustment of the microphone will cause a loud deafening pop followed by static rendering it useless until turned off and back on. I have to do this quiet often during flight. Serious attention needs brought to this product issue. 
Despite this physically painful problem the overall design is done well. 

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: ProFlight Series 2 Loud pop followed by static

Hello McFky767, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your ProFlight 2 headphones. If your headphones produce an unexpected ticking, clicking or popping noise from both sides of the headset, let's try the following:

• Determine if any recent changes have been made to the headset or aircraft. If any changes or modifications have been made to either the headset or the aircraft, look into whether or not those changes could have unexpectedly caused this issue.
  • Connect the headset to a different panel jack or, if possible, to another aircraft. Non-TSO equipment, worn jacks/loose connections, or incorrectly wired jacks (i.e. reversed stereo or mic / ground wires) in the aircraft can cause issues. If available, try connecting the headset to another jack in the aircraft or to jacks in a separate aircraft. If the headset works fine when connected elsewhere, the panel jack or wiring to the jack is the issue.
  • Determine if the issue occurs with ANR off. If the problem continually occurs when the ANR (Acoustic Noise Reduction) is off, then the issue is with the signal coming into the headset from the aircraft. Inspect the integrity of the panel connections and its associated wiring.
  • Install new double-A alkaline batteries. Remove the batteries from you product, then insert new batteries. Check that the + and  markings on the batteries match the markings in the battery compartment. (Note: Rechargeable batteries are not recommended. Use alkaline batteries when possible.)
  • Determine if the issue occurs when the mic is in use. If the issue only occurs when speaking through the microphone, the Down Cable may be defective. Please let me know if this is the case, and could I please confirm which region you are in?

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
McFly767
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

• Determine if any recent changes have been made to the headset or aircraft. If any changes or modifications have been made to either the headset or the aircraft, look into whether or not those changes could have unexpectedly caused this issue.

No recent changes have been made to aircraft nor headset.  

• Connect the headset to a different panel jack or, if possible, to another aircraft. Non-TSO equipment, worn jacks/loose connections, or incorrectly wired jacks (i.e. reversed stereo or mic / ground wires) in the aircraft can cause issues. If available, try connecting the headset to another jack in the aircraft or to jacks in a separate aircraft. If the headset works fine when connected elsewhere, the panel jack or wiring to the jack is the issue.

Every aircraft I fly both B757 and B767 have the same issue not aircraft related. Faulty product issue.  

• Determine if the issue occurs with ANR off. If the problem continually occurs when the ANR (Acoustic Noise Reduction) is off, then the issue is with the signal coming into the headset from the aircraft. Inspect the integrity of the panel connections and its associated wiring.

Does not occur with ANR off. Faulty product issue. 

• Install new double-A alkaline batteries. Remove the batteries from you product, then insert new batteries. Check that the + and  markings on the batteries match the markings in the battery compartment. (Note: Rechargeable batteries are not recommended. Use alkaline batteries when possible.)

Have swapped out new batteries multiple times. Faulty product issue.  

• Determine if the issue occurs when the mic is in use. If the issue only occurs when speaking through the microphone, the Down Cable may be defective. Please let me know if this is the case, and could I please confirm which region you are in?

The issue occurs when adjusting the mic boom. I purchased the product in the USA.  

Jessie_O

Hey McFly767, 

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this message. 

Based on the information you have provided, it does sound as though you have a hardware fault. Therefore, I would recommend that you reach out to our team for service. For service in the US, click the LINK HERE

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!