Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Proflight 1 vs. 2

So I bought version 1 which, now, by their implicit admission had some serious issues. And a year later they release a much improved version. I feel I have been punished for being an early adopter.

These headsets are supposed to be a long term purchase and have a longer life cycle than just one year. 

Always been an avid Bose fan, but I feel like I have been cheated out of a 1000 bucks for a shoddy product which is supposed to not be obsolete in less than 12 months.

Does anyone not have an issue with such rapid product obsolescence?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Proflight 1 vs. 2

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello Flybouvik,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

Our apologies that you don't feel as good about your ProFlight 1 purchase as you did initially. We have iterated on the design with our Proflight 2 headset and although some things are new, there are pilots who still regularly use and enjoy their Proflight 1. Is your ProFlight 1 headset operating normally - are you experiencing any difficulties that we can be of assistance with?

We work to continually improve our products, for both performance and comfort. Our original down cable for ProFlight was the thinnest available at that time, and we continued to work with vendors for an improved cable solution after the release of the original ProFlight that would offer greater flexibility while maintaining our engineering and regulatory requirements.  This was no easy task, as there are 14 conductors within that cable, and very few companies are able to produce this component within our requirements. As in any market, technology and manufacturing capabilities are constantly evolving, and we offered the improved design as it became commercially viable, and passed all environmental and FAA requirements.

We understand that some users, such as yourself, are unhappy with this. Due to this, we are offering a limited-time promotion to our customers located within the USA and Canda. This offer allows you to upgrade your down cable from version 1 to version 2 at a favorable price. You can find more details on this here. Please note, the availability of this offer can change at any time - please visit the website for full terms and conditions.

If you have any questions, please do let me know.

Kind Regards,

Vicky W – Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Proflight 1 vs. 2

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello Flybouvik,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

Our apologies that you don't feel as good about your ProFlight 1 purchase as you did initially. We have iterated on the design with our Proflight 2 headset and although some things are new, there are pilots who still regularly use and enjoy their Proflight 1. Is your ProFlight 1 headset operating normally - are you experiencing any difficulties that we can be of assistance with?

We work to continually improve our products, for both performance and comfort. Our original down cable for ProFlight was the thinnest available at that time, and we continued to work with vendors for an improved cable solution after the release of the original ProFlight that would offer greater flexibility while maintaining our engineering and regulatory requirements.  This was no easy task, as there are 14 conductors within that cable, and very few companies are able to produce this component within our requirements. As in any market, technology and manufacturing capabilities are constantly evolving, and we offered the improved design as it became commercially viable, and passed all environmental and FAA requirements.

We understand that some users, such as yourself, are unhappy with this. Due to this, we are offering a limited-time promotion to our customers located within the USA and Canda. This offer allows you to upgrade your down cable from version 1 to version 2 at a favorable price. You can find more details on this here. Please note, the availability of this offer can change at any time - please visit the website for full terms and conditions.

If you have any questions, please do let me know.

Kind Regards,

Vicky W – Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post