Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Proflight 2 Bluetooth

I purchased a Proflight 2 and am using an iPad mini 4 with Foreflight.  I've successfully connected bluetooth and can hear callouts from Foreflight as well as music from the iPad.  However, I can only hear the music when the bluetooth switch is set to mix which also then means that the music doesn't mute when there is anything coming from the radio.  As soon as I move the switch to 'mute' it immediately mutes the music even though there is no transmission on the radio.  Do I have a defective unit or am I doing something wrong?  My expectation is that when on 'mute' the music will play while there is no transmission but then mute when there is something coming over the radio.  Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Proflight 2 Bluetooth

Hi there dm001681, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

Regarding your query, I believe this is normal behavior. I would be interested to hear from our community members to see if they are experiencing the same. 

I welcome the community to chime in here with their experiences. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I've continued to troubleshoot and have also tested an A20 headset as well as Lightspeed headset and both work as expected, which is to say, that when any transmission comes over the intercom the audio coming from the Bluetooth connected device is muted.  However, as I mentioned before, on my ProFlight unit when on the 'mute' setting NO audio comes through from the Bluetooth connected device.  Audio DOES come through when the ProFlight is set to mix.  This tells me everything is connected correctly but that the muting function doesn't work.  I need to know if there is anything else I should do to troubleshoot, otherwise I suspect my unit is defective and I need to get a replacement.

Highlighted

Hi DM001681, 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know the steps you have tried. At this point, you have tried all the steps we would normally recommend for this issue. Therefore I would recommend reaching out to our team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.