i got a new bose proflight2 XLR 5pin 

turn  on the  power 

but there is  white noise(sound)

i can record that sound  by iPhone 

also i have a  sound file

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Proflight 2 white noise sound

Hello Sewon, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I am so sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with white noise in your headset and I would love to assist you in resolving this. To start with can I please confirm if this happened in an aircraft that you use regularly and if so have any changes been made to the aircraft recently? Also has it happened mid-flight or whilst on the ground? 

It would also be beneficial to know which aircraft you are flying and if it has an electric windshield heater? If a windshield heater is in use by the aircraft, please can you move the headset closer and farther from the windshield and determine if the noise in the headset increases as the headset gets closer to the windshield?

As you are using a 5-Pin XLR connector, the operation of a headset with this configuration in conjunction with an aircraft that is providing less than 12 volts DC may exhibit odd behavior, if you are using an aircraft that provides less than 12 volts DC then there are some steps we can try. 

To look to resolve these issues, I would recommend:

1. Disable the Auto-On feature by setting the Auto-On switch in the battery compartment to the OFF position.
  2. Install 2 AA batteries to allow the unit to switch between A/C and battery power as needed.

I would also like to mention that the unit can be operated in un-powered (passive) mode if needed. There will no loss of communication with ANR turned off.

I look forward to hearing how you get on with these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Sewon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Dear staff

Thanks for  helping out

My  airplane is airbus a321  

But  not using in airplane

I just turn on  ANR  ground  without any XLR pluged in

Only using  on ground  variety place(bed, living room, out side) with power on

Also there is  white noise  in my proflight2

Actually I’m the user previous model
A20and bose proflight 1

I know the how to use it very well 

If you want  listen white  noise i can send you

Hello Sewon, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

Based on this, I would ultimately suggest reaching out to local support to book service. Details for this can be located here. Please choose your country, then head to the contact page to locate service contact details. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G