Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

Proflight controller not responding

Hello,

Each time I use my Proflight V1 headset for a while (say like 30-40 minutes) the controller's LED lights all go out and also the ANC controller doesn't adjust ANC level and the Headset is unable to shutdown (hence I've got to temporarily pull out the batteries to shut it down); Let's say "The controller becomes completely unresponsive" and seemingly there's no way to recover it.

But (!) seems like the Bluetooth selector still works (even without showing the LEDs) and turns itself off or on.

In a nutshell, using the headset has become a pain recently and I'm looking for a solution to it.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Re: Proflight controller not responding

Hi MrFarhadi,

Not sure you have had a reply to this one? Doesn't sound good to be honest. If I were you I would make use of the Bose Service and give them a call to see if it can be sent in for repair. It carries a good Warranty and I am sure they would rather fix it for you if it is defective?

There are links on their website if you chose your region.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted out, it's a nice Headset.

All the best,

Larry

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

Thanks.
I called them several times but got no answers from Bose Aviation technicians. 

Due to the pandemic I cannot take the headset to a Service center and sure I was worried.

Recently observed sometimes It behaves very well (Like on my last flight. It was on for the whole duration and there wasn't any hiccups for like 11 hours) but sometimes doesn't.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hi Again,

That's frustrating. The Bose Mods read this Site regularly so hopefully they will pick this up. Not sure where in the world you are, but the Bose Site has the ability to allow you to put in your serial number and options become available. I have just had some great responses from the European Site for info and I understand the USA site is responsive too. I left a text message for my last problem and received a response a couple of hours later.

Fingers crossed for you.

All the best,

Larry