Highlighted
srekhraj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Would it be possible to swap out the Bose Profilight 1 cable?

I would like to check if it would be possible for us to change the Bose proflight series 1 cable and mic assembly to the proflight series 2 assembly by purchasing the replacement parts?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Would it be possible to swap out the Bose Profilight 1 cable?

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey Srekhraj,

We've been looking into this further for you, and I just wanted to provide a brief update.

When released, you will indeed be able to purchase and change the down cable on your ProFlight Series 1 cable to the ProFlight Series 2 down cable.

Our new down cable brings some exciting new improvements when connected to a ProFlight Series 1 headset. It is thinner, lighter and more flexible than its predecessor. We've also introduced enhance mic/muff wing positioning to assist in correct mic alignment and adjustment, and an updated cable clip. Additionally, we've updated the tap control for talk-through communication function to reduce chances of inadvertent activation and provides improved talk-through audio response. These additions are featured in both Bluetooth and non-Bluetooth enabled down cables.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Kindest,
Andy B

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Srekhraj, 

thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

Whilst we do not recommend using parts from other products to use with your current product, We'll be happy to assist you where we can. 

Is there a particular feature the ProFlight 2 has that you need on the headset? I will see what I can do for you! 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey Srekhraj,

We've been looking into this further for you, and I just wanted to provide a brief update.

When released, you will indeed be able to purchase and change the down cable on your ProFlight Series 1 cable to the ProFlight Series 2 down cable.

Our new down cable brings some exciting new improvements when connected to a ProFlight Series 1 headset. It is thinner, lighter and more flexible than its predecessor. We've also introduced enhance mic/muff wing positioning to assist in correct mic alignment and adjustment, and an updated cable clip. Additionally, we've updated the tap control for talk-through communication function to reduce chances of inadvertent activation and provides improved talk-through audio response. These additions are featured in both Bluetooth and non-Bluetooth enabled down cables.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Kindest,
Andy B

sloopee
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

After upgrading the cable, apart from the improved tap to talk, with the noise cancellation on "low" and "high" settings be improved on as well? Series 1 "low" setting is unusable and "high" setting has white noise introduced.