Highlighted
ckeinath
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

broken/bent headphone pin (A20)

My A20 has been refurbished twice (once under warranty; once at my cost). Both times included a bent headphone jack. Now, it is bent AGAIN. 
Also, just flew with another pilot who experienced the same problem (his was still under warranty, I think)...

Anyway, seems like this is a systemic issue... that my (now for the third time) broken jack should be repaired/replaced at no cost to me. Agreed?
thanks,

-chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: broken/bent headphone pin (A20)

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey Ckeinath,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing physical damage to your A20's headset pin, that's unusual. I'd love to offer some assistance.

All of our headsets, and connected accessories like cables, go through a very rigorous physical testing regime as part of our design assurance work. In addition to testing across a broad range of environmental conditions for temperature and humidity, we also subject them to drop and impact tests to ensure that they can withstand the rigors of day to day use.

While we can't assist with scheduling any services or repairs directly on the Community forums, we'd be interested to know some additional information. What headset jack are you using, and how or when did the damage occur?

If you'd like to discuss this directly with support to explore the available service options to you, please visit our website HERE. Select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature located at the bottom of the page.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Most repairs have a warranty such as 90 days.  Does Bose offer such a warranty on repairs?

Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey Ckeinath,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing physical damage to your A20's headset pin, that's unusual. I'd love to offer some assistance.

All of our headsets, and connected accessories like cables, go through a very rigorous physical testing regime as part of our design assurance work. In addition to testing across a broad range of environmental conditions for temperature and humidity, we also subject them to drop and impact tests to ensure that they can withstand the rigors of day to day use.

While we can't assist with scheduling any services or repairs directly on the Community forums, we'd be interested to know some additional information. What headset jack are you using, and how or when did the damage occur?

If you'd like to discuss this directly with support to explore the available service options to you, please visit our website HERE. Select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature located at the bottom of the page.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support