Highlighted
JFS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

certificate

I'm about to order A20 series headset instead of old X for Embraer Legacy a/c. As per Embraer illustrated catalog, acceptable part numbers to use for the headset are 308100-0280 or 038784 or 324843-0040. Will any of these p/ns be indicated in the certificate of compliance? Or maybe being an aviation item it will have 8130 certificate?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: certificate

Hey JFS, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

The SKUs 308100-0280, 038784 and 324843-0040 are for older headsets that are no longer available. Could you please confirm if TSO C-139 would be an acceptable compliance for your use case? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
JFS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi Hector,

thanks for prompt feedback. As I see, 324843-0040 is a p/n for A20 series headset, that is sold at website for $1095. https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/aviation_headsets/a20-aviation-headset.html#v=a20_hds...

Highlighted

Hey JFS,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

324843-0040 was for a 6-pin LEMO A20 v1, which was sold until 2015. We currently sell the v2 - which has a different SKU. 

Would TSO C-139 be an acceptable compliance? If not, we'll investigate a little further regarding 8130 certification for you.

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
JFS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi Hector,

are you able to supply me with sample of TSO C-139?

Highlighted
JFS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

and one more thing: is there any p/n available for 6-pin LEMO A20 v2? Do I need to get an adapter to use it instead of old v1?

Highlighted

Hey JFS, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today! 

Could you please send us a Private Message so we can assist you further? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
JFS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi Hector,

how can I do this?

Highlighted

Hey JFS, 

Thanks for the fast response.

The TSO C-139 approval stamp can be found on the inside of the battery compartment in our A20 v2. If you would like to see the stamp yourself you can always order and return the product within the 30 day returns window. 

We advertise the TSO C139 approval stamp on our product page here, underneath "Choose the headset to match your mission". 

The community admin will send you a private message to follow-up, please lookout for this. 

Kind regards. 

Hector B 

Highlighted
JFS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi Hector,

I still received nothing. Regarding stamp, I'm not sure it will suit, we need approved FAA certificate like 8130-3 or your certificate of compliance at least. And what about part number on A20 V2 headset? Can I use A20 v2 instead of v1 without any additional devices?