Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Alto size and prescription

I have two questions regarding Alto, hope someone could help me to answer them.

1. I purchased Alto earlier last year (2019). At that time, there was only one size for the frame. Now I see that there are two sizes, M-L and S-M. I wonder what is the size of the old one? Is that equivalent to the M-L of the new one?

2. Is it possible for me to purchase prescription lenses for my old alto, if yes, how can I do that?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Alto size and prescription

Hi yvesliu,

Welcome to the community, I'd be more than happy to answer this for you!

The original size for the Alto Frames is the M-L, the smaller size was introduced later and is a similar size to the Rondos. If you want another pair the same size as your previous ones then M-L is the way to go.

In the US, the frames are now prescription ready so if you are in the US you can get prescription lenses from our partner Lensabl, using the link on our website. Alternatively, you can add prescription lenses to your frames through any licensed prescription lens installer in the US. You can find more information on this HERE.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2020

Hi! I actually just purchased the Rondo frames and they fit great but I needed prescription lenses for them. I went to Medford Eyeglass Shop (located in the Boston Area at 427 Salem Street, Medford, MA 02155) and asked the optician Riccardo Buzzanga about putting prescription lenses into my wearables. He said that HE DOES DO BOSE RX SERVICES!!!! So I got poly carbonate and transitions so I could wear them indoors and outdoors. Great quality and reasonable prices!!! So happy I got Riccardo to help me out! If you do go there, let me know!! I went back there a few days ago to get regular eyeglasses, great service. Told him I'd recommend him to people. Tell them Nancy sent you!! Would love for more people to know that Medford Eyeglass Shop does Bose RX Services! (I know so many people who don't wear their wearables because they didn't know that Medford Eyeglass Shop can put their prescription in them!!!)

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Why doesn’t lensbl allow transition lenses to be ordered with the Bose Frames. You will sell significantly more when they do. Please request this.