Bose AR experience with Android

SOLVED
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorHector_B
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Bose AR experience with Android

It's July 6, and no app but they are nice, if only you guys would do an app they could be worth the money.
Audible Advocate

I now feel cheated. AR was one of the main advertised features when I purchased my Frames. I totally understand a slight delay between apps, but this has become insulting. 

Hi Itsmescotty, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way and I can only apologize for this. 

The development team is aware of this and this is being looked into. I will pass this feedback onto the relevant teams regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Friendly Fanatic

So did you purposely screw Android users over just so you could rush the product to your devoted Apple fans. You just expected us to wait. $200 Bluetooth headphones with limited features and pretty good sound. That sounds over priced, but you continue to say no no, we have it coming soon. You isolated fans and expect us to be happy. Guess what, other Bose AR developers already have apps on Android that work. You are not being honest.

Friendly Fanatic

There is definitely a disconnect inside of the Bose AR team. I spoke with Michael Ludden, the principal Bose AR advocate, at AWE 2019 in mid-June (wearing my progressive perscription transition lens Bose Frames).

He claimed to be completely unaware that AR functionality is not currently included in the Android version of Bose Connect.

A little bit of transparency instead of continued apologia would certainly be helpful for the Bose Frames community.

Friendly Fanatic

That's really interesting. They seem to be hiding this fact outside of forums as a way to profit off this. If they really want to apologise, they should be honest with the media and dedicate a larger team to the job.

Friendly Fanatic

I was all ready to say "you are wrong - they are being transparent about the delay", but when I look at the website (https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/frames.html), it advertises Bose AR, but makes no mention that it's iPhone only. That's bad. Bose, you should be ashamed of that behaviour.

@AndroidARNow wrote:

That's really interesting. They seem to be hiding this fact outside of forums as a way to profit off this. If they really want to apologise, they should be honest with the media and dedicate a larger team to the job.

Friendly Fanatic

Yeah, I bought them after researching them for 2 months because I saw this as a big purchase, just for 70-80% of the claims being false for Android users till they get to the end of this timetable that doesn't exist. I want to know how much it costs to make so I can get a fair price. This isn't added marketing this is lies and should not cost us money.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Any updates or are you at this point avoiding the forums?

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. I completely understand your frustrations regarding this and can only apologize for this. 

We don't currently have any updates regarding this at this moment in time, I understand that this isn't the response that you want and will raise this with our development team once again for you. If there are any other features that you or the community would like to also see added to the Bose Frames please do let me know and I would be more than happy to forward this on for you.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B