Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

Bose Frame Durability?

I have a pair of the Bose Alto's and the plastic where the Temple piece of plastic meets the Hinge is breaking and there is no longer pressure to keep the glasses on comfortably. I've talked with a couple of my friends and they have been having similar issues. 

I don't consider myself hard on products or even on my Alto's. But for a product to start breaking down after normal use at around the 1-2 month mark is kind of sad and low quality. 

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Frame Durability?

Hello Dunnstep, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Please accept my apologies that you are experiencing this problem with your Bose Frames Alto. 

As this is a cosmetic issue, I would highly recommend contacting your local customer service center who will be more than happy to help with this.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Do get back to me if you have any problems. Additionally, if anybody else in the Bose Community is experiencing this problem, please also follow this advice.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

I am not too impressed by the frame durability. I did accidentally dropped the frame and it just broke. I just bought it few weeks ago and not sure how a single, low-height drop can break off the legs that easily. I am also not sure what to do with the frames now. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

I have same durability issue, when visited the store at Dubai where I bought 3 frames from, they rejected my claim.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

I've had the same issue of it breaking on the hinge. It seems like a design flaw where they rely on a little bit of plastic to work as the fulcrum. Really just a sad oversight because I really like the glasses but I've only had them six months and they already fatigued out...