Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Bose Frame Rondo battery drain is super fast, not holding charge

I just bought my Bose Rondo Frames from the Bose store in Valley Fair mall on Thursday, 3/20/19.  The store updated to the latest firmware for me.  The frame is awesome, but it doesn’t hold a charge.  I charge the frame to 100%.  I turn on the frame to listen to music for 5 minutes.  I turn the frame upside down to turn it off.  I come back 1 hour later and the battery is down to 70%.  I listen to another song for 5 minutes.  I turn off the frame.  About 1 hour later, the battery is down to 30%.  I listen to another song for like 2 minutes.  I turn off the frame.  I turn on the frame 2 hours later and the frame is at 10% battery.  Is there something wrong with the software?  Is there a battery defect?  Is there a hardware defect?  I’m not even putting my frame on standby mode.  I flipped it over to turn off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Re: Bose Frame Rondo battery drain is super fast, not holding charge

Author Accepted Answer selected by sassygirl

I received an exchange at the Bose Store.  This battery drain issue was battery or hardware related.  After I had the frame exchanged, no more battery drain issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi Sassygirl, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your frames, I will do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend reaching out to your local wellness team. The contact details can be found by clicking HERE, Scrolling to the bottom and selecting 'Contact Us'. 

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by sassygirl

I received an exchange at the Bose Store.  This battery drain issue was battery or hardware related.  After I had the frame exchanged, no more battery drain issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Hi guys, i feel great whit my Alto frames.
however, they will only work for some 30 minutes !!
And the battery goes dead even if it is stored Off! So at the end of the day....no music!
I live in Brazil and the awesome frames were given me by a friend who got them in USA.

Its a shame going out and showing friends this superb Bose product that is unfortunately not working.
I see that people are haveing their Frames replaced to fix the issue.
How could i do that?
Tks

Tommaso

Highlighted

Hello Tommaso,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm really sorry that you're experiencing a battery issue with your Frames Alto. 

Before exploring the service options, I would recommend that you ensure the Frames are running the latest firmware version. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

If the issue persists, I would recommend that you reach out to our support team in Brazil. If they are unable to assist you, do you have any friends or family in the USA that could help you with this? If so, I'd recommend shipping them to them and then an exchange can be arranged with US support but we cannot ship internationally. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Dear Charlotte,

Tks for your response.
I have re-updated the frames using your route (I had previously done it via the phone app).

Unfortunately no progress: I only get 21 minutes of music out of a 100% charged battery L

Your second suggestion is “I would recommend that you reach out to our support team in Brazil” but I can´t locate Bose in Brazil: can you help me with a phone number or email?

Your third suggestion is that I send the frames to a friend in US, but what would they have to do?
how would they have to proceed to Exchange the frames?

Tks

Tommaso

Highlighted

Hey tommaso.leonetti, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to read that your issue still persists! 

You can reach out to Bose Brazil via either their Spanish speaking team at 55-11-5041-8621 or their English speaking team here. If you wish to send the Frames to your friend to be replaced, they would need to contact us via this link here, so that we could look into which service options would be available to them! 

If you have any issues reaching either of our teams please do let us know.  

Kind regards, 

Hector B