Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Bose Frames Alto Flexible ribbon (cable) broken happen too manys time !

Bose product name

Ans:Bose Frames Alto 

Country

Ans:TAIWAN 

Firmware Version

(4.1.6)

App Version

(14.0)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra on Android 10, )

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Ans:Frames Alto Flexible ribbon (cable) broken happen too manys time !

1. 2020.06.11 I have Order a new Frames Alto

2. 2020.09.15 first time happen Flexible ribbon (cable) broken , and go to TAIWAN Server to change a new one.

3. 2020.11.25 still happen Flexible ribbon (cable) broken , also go to TAIWAN Server to change a new one again.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Ans:Only at my desk every day , will be used it .

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Ans:Frames Alto Flexible ribbon (cable) broken happen too manys time !

1. 2020.06.11 I have Order a new Frames Alto

2. 2020.09.15 first time happen Flexible ribbon (cable) broken , and go to TAIWAN Server to change a new one.

3. 2020.11.25 still happen Flexible ribbon (cable) broken , also go to TAIWAN Server to change a new one again.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Ans: under one year warranty , I can go to TAIWAN Server to change new one

But am I worried that this failure is a product defect?
In case after the warranty period, Is I need to pay for the repair with myself?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose Frames Alto Flexible ribbon (cable) broken happen too manys time !

Hey 陳銘源, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you have had this cosmetic issue with your Bose Frames. 

Can you please attach an image of the damage you are encountered, as this isn't something I have heard of before with our Frames. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

Re: Bose Frames Alto Flexible ribbon (cable) broken happen too manys time !

FFD8BC51-44F2-4960-AF27-3AE1AFF7845B.jpeg

EBBB926D-E467-4879-B9CB-62D07674F463.jpeg

I have purchased the Bose frames now twice and the first one broke as well as the second one from the exact same spot ! I just lost the first broken frames but I had to get to the bottom of it why my second frames stopped working too so I opened the frame and the I figured the ribbon cable had broken ! I have attached the images ! We didn’t have these Bose frames available in pakistan so I specifically bought them twice from dubai but now that the ribbons broken and I know I can’t do much as the Bose service in pakistan weren’t able to help as wel it’s frustrating where about to go from here because I can’t take the glasses to dubai for repair and I wouldn’t be buying a third pair please assist as I am a big fan of Bose products and would love it to be able to use the frames again!