Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2018

Bose Frames - Audio only coming in from right side

Good Afternoon Bose Community,

I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before, my frames were working well yesterday with sound coming through bose speakers.  This morning I attempted to start playing some music and connected my frames to my phone and only sound from the right speaker was playing.  I am also experiencing slow performance when connecting to my mobile device over bluetooth.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: Bose Frames - Audio only coming in from right side

Hi Geraldorigo,

thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to learn about your issues with the Frames. I'll do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend updating the Firmware. To do this, visit btu.bose.com on a computer and plug into your Frames and follow the onscreen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2018

Hi Jessie,

I attempted doing what you asked and I saw a few strange errors.  First it said I was running a very old version of the firmware, which I had recently updated earlier last month.  Once it attempted to do the firmware update I received an error that the device lost connection to my computer.

I attempted to do more but it kept failing, any suggestions?  I think the product is great but it is very unfortunate that this is happening.

Highlighted

Hello geraldorigo,

Thank you very much for your update regarding this. I am very sorry to hear that you are struggling to update your Frames. 

I would recommend attempting via a different internet browser to see if this shows any sign of improvements. 

Do you also experience this audio in one channel across multiple devices?

Please let us know how you get on.

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2018

Hi Tegan,

It looks now that the Bose Frames won't even turn on or charge.  Any suggestions on how to get this corrected? 

Highlighted

Hello Geraldorigo, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am so sorry you are having this issue, this should not have happened. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Same problem here: no sound from the left speaker of my Bose Frames.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I have exactly the same problem since today 4/3/2020 The frames worked perfectly yesterday. I did as suggested above try to update the frames through the bose android app. I was told that the frames are uptodate. I actually got an update a while ago with the new volume setting option which I thought is ingenious.

What can I do?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Oh yeah, I forgot about that update that added the volume change function. I wonder if that's what did it?

Highlighted

Thank you @kubany and @kilroy818 for posting and letting us know you are also having this issue. 

Does the same problem happen across all devices? We should also check the volume settings of the device to ensure that the balance hasn't been accidentally adjusted. 

I look forward to hearing back from you both!