Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Bose Frames Charging point corrosion

I have a pair of Bose Frames Frames ALTO. After charging up the product on one occasion, I've noticed the metal coating on one of the charging contact point has flaked, and as a result, visible corrosion can be seen around that charging contact point. I tried to wipe off the corrosion build up, but the coating has flaked. The Frames is operating as normal otherwise. 

I have since stopped wearing the Frames as I don't want my skin to direct contact the material underneath the metal coating. I contacted customer care and since my product is out of warranty, a replacement will cost almost as much as a brand new one. I queried the Bose rep for other ways to get this problem addressed, but he had nothing. I am concerned because this is clearly a material failure as it is designed to be worn against bare skin, safely. I hope this issue can be addressed.

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Frames Charging point corrosion

Hey BS16, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to read that this has happened to your Frames, this isn't something that you should be encountering. 

I'd advise that you avoid using the Frames and call us via your regional support page here. The team will be able to look into this further for you and explore service options for you. 

Sorry that this isn't something we can help you with via the Community.  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!