Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Bose Frames – Firmware Update v4.1.6

On March 12th, a new firmware version (4.1.6) was  made available for Bose Frames. This update unlocked a new feature, "Press & Turn Volume."

Release Notes

• Say hello to Press & Turn volume control – an easy way to change volume right from your frames
  • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning under the hood

Press & Turn Volume

After performing the update, Bose Frames users can toggle on this new volume control feature in the Connect App. Once on, press and hold the Frames action button, and then slightly your head to the left or right. This will adjust the volume up and down. Releasing the button sets the new volume.

press_turn_volume_app.jpg

Along with this firmware update 4.1.6, you will need to have the Bose Connect App version 11.0 installed for the feature to work and appear in the app. Version 11.0 was released on March 5th.

Thanks! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Re: Bose Frames – Firmware Update v4.1.6

I love having the ability to control volume directly from the Frames however I find the range of motion to go from zero volume to full (remembering that full volume is loud enough to hurt) is too small and I end up bouncing between full volume and silence a few times before finding my ideal volume.

I'd appreciate either an option to limit the maximum volume or have adjustable sensitivity on the head-motion volume controls. Having to move my head a bit further or multiple times is a small price to pay for not hurting my ears by accident.

Highlighted

Hey @CampGareth

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

We appreciate the feedback on this and would love to hear from any other users that also find the new Press and Turn volume to be too sensitive. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

Just updated mine yesterday and went for a quick run. Love the new volume control and for me personally I find the range of motion to change the volume to be just about perfect. I use my frames for running and biking and being able to change the volume with just a slight turn of the head is a welcome addition. I wouldn't want to have to turn my head too much while running or riding down the road on my bike.

-Skip

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

I purchased two pairs of Alto Sunglasses.  I believe your latest update really botched up the sunglasses’ ability to connect properly.

About 2 days ago, both pairs of sunglasses suddenly stopped charging.  After fiddling with them and closing the right temple (side with the charging port), we were able to finally get the sunglasses to charge but they would not connect to our iPhones.  We have an iPhone XR and iPhone XS Max.

We then updated our Alto sunglasses using your Bose Updater to version 4.16, now both pairs of sunglasses continue to disconnect from our iPhones whenever we open the right temple to put them on.  They only stay connected when the sunglasses are closed

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!

Highlighted

Hi VFadin26, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Frames. I'll do all I can to point you in the right direction.

Did you update the Frames through the application or our online updater? If you updated through the app, try heading to the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and re-downloading. Hopefully, this should resolve your issues. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Hello Jessie_O:  When I updated yesterday, I did use the web site not the application.  So the link you sent is exactly what I used to update my bose Altos yesterday.  I just attempted to run the update again via the link you sent and I get a message that says, "Your product is up-to-date......"

Please note:  I am not the only person experiencing this issue.  Once I updated both pairs of Alto sunglasses I own, they turn off when opened.  They only stay connected if the right temple (part of frame that goes on your ear) is closed.  You can actually hear a “click” indicating they turned off. 
AGAIN - BOSE, PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Are there any plans to integrate the Google Assistant with the frames? If not, I'd like to make a suggestion for such a thing.

Highlighted

Hey Terran14, welcome to the forums! If Google Assistant is the main voice assistant on your phone you should be able to access the voice assistant. Are you not able to?

Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

I can use my Google Assistant, but unfortunately it replies at full volume instead of my device's volume; is there any way to change this?

A select few headphones, including Bose's recent over ears include a special integration with the Google Assistant, allowing the assistant to answer quicker and read notifications. Are there any plans to offer this kind of integration with the Frames?