Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Bose Frames “Prescription-ready” in the United States!

cq5dam.web.1920.1920.jpeg
Hey everyone,

I am excited to let you know that as of December 19th, 2019, Bose Frames are now "prescription-ready" in the United States! This means for existing and new customers in the US only, your warranty will now be upheld should you choose to add prescription lenses (sunglasses or other) to your Bose Frames through any licensed prescription lens installer, regardless the date you purchased them.

For non-US customers who replace their lenses with prescription lenses warranties will be voided as before. Other solutions will be announced as they become available for customers outside the US.

We hope you continue to enjoy your Bose Frames with even more clarity than before!

Wayne M

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Read about how to use the board here and make sure to check out our Community Guidelines as well! Want to leave feedback on how we can improve our Community? Check out our Feedback Forum.
7 REPLIES 7
LensesRx Optical
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Re: Bose Frames “Prescription-ready” in the United States!

This is great news. My customers will be very happy to hear that. Thank you.

stryder1974
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

That’s great news, Wayne! Now, we have to get Canada and the rest of the world on a similar warranty as the U.S. so we can be covered if something should happen. Also, Bose should team up with reliable companies likes Lense Crafters, so they can offer lenses through a local store.

Starganderfish
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

And the rest of the world? Took more than a year for BOSE to figure this out just for the US. 

mbeachs@yahoo.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

Very good news.   I will be getting my transition lens prescription put in ASAP!!!

jhumm69
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Are you take them to put the lenses at a regular place vision works

jhumm69
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Where do you get prescription at?

Matanikau
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Try googling lensesrx.com to find an online supplier of Bose Alto replacement lenses that can be customized for your prescription.  They have a variety of shades, or clear indoor lenses.  You will need the details of your prescription to complete the order.