Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qi
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: Bose Frames Won't Charge, Won't Turn On

I agree. Mine is two years old. It was charging when folded but won't turn on when extended. Was told it's a hardware issue and could get a discount to replace it. Now it won't even charge when folded.  The price they offered is even higher than the refurb version on ebay.  What a joke.  To be honest, I think bose should just do a product recall and fix all of those broken ones out there and make early adopters happy. It's just a bad design, period. I buy all kinds of personal gadgets but bose is the worst in this regard now.

Harry_P
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2021

My Alto’s aren’t turning on either despite software update and charging light appearing to work. 

Has anyone resolved the the issue or got a repair/replacement offered?

Teerasak R
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Same problem here. Hardly used it and left it uncharged in the car for some time. Tried to use it again yesterday, but it didn't turn on. When I connected it to the usb charger, it blinked once and nothing happened. Already tried different chargers and wall outlets but it's the same. 

Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2021

Same thing here! Not working and no charge! For the price, you’ll think everything will be great! I spent almost $300 for these and they only lasted for about 6 months! Bose is supposed to be a top of the line product! I really like them, but not worth the money. I’ve tried updating and screen never change!

philzil
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2021

Yup me too, crapolla 

trk9
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2021

Same problem. I've had mine a bit over a year, but barely use them. I called Bose support and since it's out of warranty, the best they could do was offer me a replacement at $189 with a 25% discount... These were on sale two weeks ago for $125. I'm in Canada...

At least they should have offered the replacement for less than your previous sale price.

bradleyslife
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2021

yep, I'm on my 4th pair. Never treated them poorly. This pair died on the weekend - plugged it in, then took it off, got halfway through saying 'connected to..." then cut off and did the exact same as it's done every other time (as you have all described). I consistently get around 6-8months out of them, then have to return them with the exact same issue you're describing. The thing is that I love them (when they are functioning obviously), so I keep going back and getting a replacement like some maschochist. 

surajgupta
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2021

I am having the same issue, from today morning it's not charging while putting it on charge LED doesn't blink. Also, it's not starting, pressing the button does nothing. Created service request, trying to reach customer care by phone or email (India), not getting any reply.

How can I get this fixed!!

surajgupta_0-1626259288570.png

image (6).png