MelissaMiami
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Bose Frames Won't Charge, Won't Turn On

I bought my Bose Frames in January 2020 (six months ago).  Now, they won't charge, and won't turn on.  I went to the Troubleshooting section of the Bose website, and did all of the suggestions there.  But, none of the Troubleshooting suggestions helped.  I called the Bose Customer Support line, but got a recording that said that they have no one working there now. Any suggestions?

Melissa

Located in USA

27 REPLIES 27
Papajamba
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2020

Re: Bose Frames Won't Charge, Won't Turn On

Mine was a Christmas gift from 2019. There are dozens of the same complaints, sound coming from just 1 side, then wont charge then dies.

It's a faulty product and needs replacement. Although the same thing will probably happen 6 months after with the replacement pair =(

Hector_B

Hi all, 

Thank you both for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm very sorry to hear that you are both experiencing a charging issue that you weren't able to resolve via troubleshooting. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

You will also be able to see all opening times on here to avoid calling outside of operating hours.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
newtonc002@hawaii.rr.com
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

My Frames just failed too.  New for Christmas, worked fine up until yesterday.  Now they do not turn on or charge. Tried all the troubleshooting too.  Nothing.  

Somesh
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2020

Mine also stopped charging about 3 weeks back. I have tried to connect them with 3-4 different wall chargers. not sure what the solution is?

AnonymousRino123
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

My Frames will not turn on

I have a problem with my Bose Frames Alto. I was walking down the street and all of a sudden they shut off. I assumed that they were just out of battery so I charged them. Unfortunately when they where fully charged when I pressed the button to turn them on there was nothing.

, no light, and no voice. although when I plugged them in the charged light wouldn't be flashing I can't figure out the problem and I am hoping somebody can help.  

otm17
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

The same has happened to me. It still blinks when I tap the button but that's it. Momentarily it switched on and I had it connected to the Laptop trying to update it or detect it. It just updated on it's own. I just kept it for charge but after removing it, still it does not switch on.

Tegan_M

Hello,

Sorry to hear that your Frames are no longer appearing to be powering on. Please reach out to your local Bose product support team, you can find our contact information by following Hector_B's instructions above. 

Have a good day!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
chard_lennon@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

im now experiencing the same issue, wont turn on and not charging, i have notice before two days ago its hard to switch on, now its not turning on and not charging. Bose anny issue ? how to solve or need to return under warranty? im was base and purchase the unit in abu dhabi uae.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi chard_lennon,

If your Frames are no longer turning on, and none of the troubleshooting in this thread has helped you will want to reach out to your local support team for further assistance. As you are in the UAE you can find the contact information for your local support team HERE.

I hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!