Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Bose Frames left speaker not working

Hi all,

The left side of my Bose Frames has stopped working. I've connected to btu.bose.com, updated, tried everything with my phone, disconnected, reconnected, everything I can think of. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: Bose Frames left speaker not working

Hello Pete, 

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having this audio experience with your Bose Frames. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this matter. 

Can you please try connecting your Frames to a different Bluetooth device to see if this has the same result?

I would also test a variety of different streaming platforms. 

Does there also appear to be any damage to the left side of your Frames?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Hi Tegan,

Thank you for your answer. 

It has the same problem with other devices and streaming platforms. I have tried on both a Galaxy Note 8 and an iPhone 11, across Spotify, YouTube, Safari, Chrome, and Pocketcasts.

There is no external damage to the Frames, and I don't recall dropping or damaging them.

Is there any way to do a factory reset? 

Thanks again,

Peter

Highlighted

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for looking into this for us, I am very sorry that this persists. 

What I would recommend as you have tried all the troubleshooting we would suggest is to reach out to your local Bose product support team for further assistance. Our team can be contacted via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

An agent here will be more than happy to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

I'll try that, thanks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I am also (suddenly) having this exact problem: the left speaker of my relatively new Bose Frames just stopped working earlier this week. I have also run the btu update, but no luck. (And please don't say "go to a service center," because no one's going much of anywhere, these days.)

Highlighted

Hello kilroy818,

Welcome to the Bose Community.

Sorry that you're experiencing some partial audio issues with your Bose Frames. 

It's great that you've tried updating the Frames. Have you also tested them with an alternative device? 

If so, we wouldn't suggest visiting the service center, you'll need to call up our support team. Contact details can be found above by moderator Tegan_M.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the device, as even the startup message ("Battery at XX%. Connected to...") only comes out of the right speaker.

I will call the help line, I guess. These were a Christmas present and have only been used about a dozen times. Really doesn't bode well, especially since this seems to be a common issue.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Having the exact same problem here. No audio from the left speaker all of a sudden.

Highlighted

Hello AnotherworldVR, 

Welcome to the forums!

If you have tried all of the troubleshooting on this page here and tried the steps mentioned in the previous posts on this thread. I would advise giving us a call and looking to exchange your Frames.

You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.