Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Bose Frames only works when connected to USB.

Bought my frames a while back and everything worked great.

Now they only work when connected to USB.  As soon as I disconnect the charging cable the frames switch off and will not come on again until I reconnect to USB.  I think the battery has died as all functions work correctly.  I updated the firmware to the latest yesterday and everything works.. until I disconnect the USB cable.
  I tried contacting support via the web but got stuck in and endless loop of links that send me to "contact us" to "support" and back again.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Frames only works when connected to USB.

Hi David, 

I am sorry to hear this. 

Does this occur with every outlet you attempt to charge your Frames with? I would suggest using a different outlet and wall converter in case this is providing difficulties. 

Do let us know your country of residence also, we'll happily provide you with the appropriate support contact information if you would prefer. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Thanks for your quick response.  I have tried several outlets as you suggest with the same result.

I live in Vancouver, Canada.

Thanks,

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying, David.

At this stage, it sounds like your Frames likely have a battery issue which needs to be resolved, through means of servicing. Of course, you've tried contact with us already which is great, but if you'd like to avoid any queues on phones, I could advise you to check out our self-service portal. You can visit it HERE - simply enter your serial number and the portal will guide you through the stages to help find you a resolution to the problem.

I hope this helps you out - let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.