Highlighted
warrencoakley
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Bose Frames

Just recently received a pair of Bose frames as a gift from my wife. I have many Bose products and have been very happy with them. But I am disappointed with the frames. The sound is really poor. Trying to take a phone call on them while walking is really bad. The sound is very very low. I even rooted my phone and have Dolby on it to help increase the volume but it is extremely low. I really hope Bose can do an update to increase the sound of possible. Their app too such have more levels of adjustments for them. Just really disappointed. The glasses themselves are nice. I have the Alto but the sound is not up to standard at all.
13 REPLIES 13
Community Manager

Re: Bose Frames

Hey Warrencoakley,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Bose Community forums!

I'm happy to hear that you've recently begun using our Bose Frames, but sorry to hear that you believe there to be issues with the volume.

We designed the product to provide you with great sound in an open-ear form factor. They provide robust audio that doesn't cover your ears and no one else can hear. Having said that, what devices do you have the Frames connected to? Have you tested using the Frames with a different mobile phone or tablet to test for audio volume comparison? 

Additionally, is the firmware for your Frames up to date? You can update the firmware for the Frames either via the Bose Connect application on a mobile phone or tablet, or alternatively by using the USB charging cable for the product and visiting our firmware update website HERE.

Let us know how you get on!

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

CryptoICX
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

I wrote a review on these frames on this website saying that I have trouble with the incoming call volume.
HERE IS MY REVIEW AND BELOW I WILL COPY AND PASTE BOSE REASON IT CAN NOT BE APPROVED AND YOU WILL SEE THAT IT CONTAINS NOTHING THEY SAY IT CONTAINS.

IF THIS POST IS DELETED I AM GOING TO BE CONTACTING THE ACCC in AUSTRALIA TO COMPLAIN AND THEY INVESTIGATE ALL COMPLAINTS AND FINE COMPANIES HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS IF THEY ARE REFUSING LEGITIMATE REVIEWS. I WILL THEN SUE BOSE with the barristers my company has on retainer.

I suggest you don't lie by removing this review as you have in your email to my review.

Here is the copy and paste.

Hi CryptoICX,

Thanks for writing the following review for the Bose Frames Alto!
Please finalise your submission by clicking on the link below.

Your review:
I purchased 18 pairs of these for my top drivers to try out who use android phones. I had a pair myself but never realized I had not had them long enough before purchasing a further 17 pairs. The idea was if they all liked them, keeping them safer on the road with so many calls a day coming in, that I would purchase enough to make sure all 140 drivers in the company could have a pair. Initially I thought these were supreme, until all the sudden everyone was complaining to me that INCOMING calls were next to impossible to hear and more times than not you could not hear the person calling at all. After experimenting with all the different things the support forums say to try the problem does not go away and it has come to the point where i ahve to label them as GARBAGE because in the support forums, each time someone complains about this the moderator or customer service guy always tells the new poster to try the same things they have said in every other response. not once have they said we will get this checked out. If 18 pairs all have the same problem, then obviously if they bothered to try to replicate the problem then they would find the problem,. yes all firmware is up to date. yes both the call volume in the app and the phone are on max. Even when you delete the app just to worry about one volume the issue is the same. The ONLY way to SOMETIMES correct the issue is to tell the person to hold on, while you are driving to reach for your phone in your pocket which IS ILLEGAL AND CAN KILL other people on the road while you fiddle to turn your phone volume right down after unlocking your phone, and then turning it right back up and then you might just be able to hear the incoming caller. What is the point of having frames that can make and receive calls but when it comes to answering those calls you can not hear anyone on the other end? ANOTHER very POOR issue with these is, when the battery runs out, you should be able to connect the charger to your phone or to your car charger and keep using them while they charge, but no, the second you connect the charger the frames no longer are turned on and no longer work, which is stupid. How many products do you own which can not charge while you use them? ZERO. THE WORST part about this is that the help in the community forums just keep asking the same questions, telling you to try the same things and never once have they put them on and had someone call them, yet they ask you about facetime???? How about tying them with your Android and not that garbage apple that has facetime and how needs facetime with sunglasses? How about putting them on with your android phone which has more sales than apple does year over year and change your firmware so that incoming calls do not turn the volume down? It is not like the volume is very loud as it is and seeing they hardly hae any base in the speakers, why not just turn the volume up a further 10 to 20% anyway so that they can be listened to when the car window is down or when you are in a busy environment. These would be ultimate if they fixed these issues and if they added clear lenses, transition (non prescription) lenses to their range of mirrored and blue lenses to the Alto, but why do they have rose lenses which are polarized for the round ones but they not only dont have rose polarized lenses for the Alto but the polarized ones for Alto are mirrored lenses? I wont even start with the AR not being available with Android because thats the last thing I care about but FIX THE CALL VOLUME FOR THE INCOMING CALLS ON ANDROID PHONES and from the forums it sounds like it is apple phones too. I tried to take these back but seeing I have had 18 pairs for 12 days being used by drivers, I am now out of pocket $5400 AUD for absolute garbage. Again, i would not rate them as garbage is the support people did not keep telling people to try the same stuff and ask the same questions.

got a reply saying moderators won't allow my review because of the following.....

This is what the wrote back to me.
IT CANNOT BE PUBLISHED TO THE WEBSITE, BUT...

Hi CryptoICX,

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution, even though it did not meet all our website guidelines.

Your review cannot be approved because it:
- includes personally identifiable information
- mentions shipping complaints
- includes inappropriate media
- contains a URL
- is vague or needs more detail
- includes profanity

Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Now if you are going to remove this, I will be taking legal action along with publishing images of the emails on my companies twitter accounts and asking all 4500 of our employees to also retweet the photos showing the absolute lies you have denied my review over.

Here is a copy of your email images showing my review and showing your rejection.

Why do you need to hide the truth?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZiGnMheeCxaFdpNv6

CryptoICX
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

If my post is deleted I am going to make sure that my legal team have a complaint with the ACCC filed and submitted on Monday along with a letters sent to every technology media outlet letting them know that BOSE has become a company that hides their true customer reviews from their websites.
In Australia it is illegal to pick and choose the reviews that you allow to be posted and that was posted to the Australian website of Bose. This is deemed highly illegal and you should check out the ACCC guidelines before you delete it as it will fine you hundreds of thousands of dollars. I have screen shotted everything the entire way to prove that these forums and BOSE the company are silencing a true review. I am not breaking any guidelines or rules or laws.

Hello CryptoICX,

We're sorry to hear this. We've sent you a direct message via the Community forums to seek additional information and look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Community Admin

warrencoakley
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

@Andy_B wrote:

Hey Warrencoakley,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Bose Community forums!

I'm happy to hear that you've recently begun using our Bose Frames, but sorry to hear that you believe there to be issues with the volume.

We designed the product to provide you with great sound in an open-ear form factor. They provide robust audio that doesn't cover your ears and no one else can hear. Having said that, what devices do you have the Frames connected to? Have you tested using the Frames with a different mobile phone or tablet to test for audio volume comparison? 

Additionally, is the firmware for your Frames up to date? You can update the firmware for the Frames either via the Bose Connect application on a mobile phone or tablet, or alternatively by using the USB charging cable for the product and visiting our firmware update website HERE.

Let us know how you get on!

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

@Andy_B 

I have tried them on many devices withthe result still been very poor sound for both listening to music and abismal for taking and recieiving calls. They really are bad! I hace updated the firmware ans this has improved nothing to sound or calll volume or quailty.

I am a big BOSE advocate with owning many products and i am trying to love these but its impossible.

Hi Warrancoakley, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

As I'm certain you're well aware, the Bose Frames do not feature built-in volume controls. It should be noted that some devices (particularly Android) split up their volume levels relating to Notification levels, Call levels, and media/music levels. If you are an Android user, can you please check to ensure the media/music volume has been increased? 

Further to this, can you check to make sure nothing is covering the ports where the sound is produced? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

warrencoakley
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

@Jeff_G wrote:

Hi Warrancoakley, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

As I'm certain you're well aware, the Bose Frames do not feature built-in volume controls. It should be noted that some devices (particularly Android) split up their volume levels relating to Notification levels, Call levels, and media/music levels. If you are an Android user, can you please check to ensure the media/music volume has been increased? 

Further to this, can you check to make sure nothing is covering the ports where the sound is produced? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Hi Jeff

What would be covering the speakers? There was nothing on them when i unboxed them. Yes im on Android and all levels are increased. I even have Dolby Atmos to help and even with that on  or off its still poor. It seems its across the board for many users for both calls and audio/music so i cant seeing it been a fault. Do you recommedned me brining them back to the store i purchased them to test them against a different pair?

Hey Warrencoakley, 

There should be nothing covering the ports. 

Thank you for confirming you have increased the levels. 

It might be worth visiting a store to compare your frames against the in-store demo model to see if they produce the same level of audio. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

warrencoakley
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

@Jeff_G wrote:

Hey Warrencoakley, 

There should be nothing covering the ports. 

Thank you for confirming you have increased the levels. 

It might be worth visiting a store to compare your frames against the in-store demo model to see if they produce the same level of audio. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Hi Jeff

After extensive testing on both IOS and Android and going instore to try their demo units the result is the same unfortunatley. I had no alternative but to return them. They are a goodish first effort from Bose but there are just not there yet im afraid. They simply do not not perform well in an outside enviroment. Yes they are somewhat fine sitting inside, but who is going to wear sunglasses sitting inside lol. Shame! It looks like i will wait for their V2 if they to arrive in the nar future. Thanks for you support.