Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Bose Rondo Sunglasses Not Working

Bose product name

Bose Frames Rondo

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Samsung galaxy S10 but the issue is not with the device

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

For the past year, I have used a pair of Rondo style headphones that were regifted to me. Yesterday, they worked completely fine but today I go and turn them on and nothing happened. So I put it on the charger to see if they were dead and the charging light did not turn on. I pressed the power button multiple times and the charging light did turn on for a while. So I took them off the charger to see if they would turn on however they did not. I put them back onto the charger and they would not start charging. I would hold down the button, the light would blink once then turn off. To add on, if moved around the light, will start blinking but if moved again the light will stop blinking(possible charger issue?). I took it off the charger again and held down the power button and the charging light turned on very faintly for a second and turned off. It is now charging, sometimes blinking, sometimes not. Any help and or advice would be appreciated.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Everywhere

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Just today did the issue start and it has worked fine up until today, just used yesterday.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Charging it

10 REPLIES 10
VinnyLemontea
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Re: Bose Rondo Sunglasses Not Working

To add on, I left the glasses on the charger for the whole night and when I woke up the charging light was solid and on, indicating it was fully charged. But pressing on the power button still does nothing.

Jessie_O

Hey @VinnyLemontea

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Frames and will do all I can to help you! 

I would recommend updating the Frames. This has been known to assist with similar issues to what you are experiencing. To carry out the update, you can following the instructions which are outline HERE

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
VinnyLemontea
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

I tried multiple times to see if it needed an update. At first with my phone, but since the sunglasses couldnjot turn on it couldn't connect to the app on my phone. Them I tried it on a laptop and got the Bose Updater app installed but then with the cable plugged onto the computer nothing was happening. I tried multiple times to unplug and plug it back in. At one point though I did spam the power button the sunglasses and it repeated that it had 90% battery but thrn nothing else would happen after that.

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Vinny. 

If the PC doesn't recognize the Frames then there may be an internal issue with the Frames. Due to this, I would recommend that you reach out to your regional customer support team via the Contact Us page here, to explore service options.

Sorry that we couldn't resolve this for you via the Community. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
theresa.spurr
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product nameBose frames Rondos

CountryUnited States

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Let me start by saying I absolutely LOVE my Bose sunglasses frames.

I purchased them October 27, 2019. They are only 1-1/2 years old. They are very well cared for.

Used them last week and they were working just fine.

Went to use them yesterday and they are dead.

They will not charge. They will not turn on. They no longer appear on my Bose Connect app. They no longer appear on blue tooth on my iphone. They are just DEAD.

I have tried everything recommended on troubleshooting via Bose product support and on the Community page.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi theresa.spurr,

If your Rondo's are not charging or turning on, and the troubleshooting posted in this thread has not helped so far, please do reach out to your local support team to discuss service options for your Frames as it is likely you have encountered a hardware issue. You can find the contact information for your local support team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Laserpap
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2021

Everyone complaining about this issue gets the same inane reply. This is a KNOWN ISSUE that BOSE should address. Your ribbon cable in the right arm of the glasses is not sturdy enough. BOSE should do a recall and stop selling these glasses until the issue has been resolved.

haeymi
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

The first audio sunglasses with built-in Bose speakers for an immersive audio experience unlike any other. A revolutionary personal audio experience hidden inside two classic designs, each enriched with premium accents and materials. Play music, take calls, and enjoy the sun with UVA/ UVB protection.

abdullmm
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2021

I also have a similar problem. My Bose alto audiosunglasses just stopped working. It does not show light when connected to a charger and it is not being recognised by my computer (Mac IOS 11) or the app in the computer. It is just dead. One moment it was working then the next time i picked it there was no response. I though the battery needed charging but that didnt work. I had updated to the software prior to the problem. I am in Nigeria and i dont know what to do