Justin Stewart
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Bose frames and bose connect

Just bought the frames and was super excited to try them. Little dissapointed that anything over 50% volume you can hear like 2 foot away pretty clearly. But thats fine no big deal. The deal breaker is the ease of connecting them to my s10+ I have multiple bluetooth headsets that auto connect and are so easy. These frame and the software are terrible. No where does it say that the frames have sensors that turn off when you are not holding/have them on your head so they auto turn off and wont reconnect once i put them on. Good feature i think just executed badly. Also the app only even sees the frames like 10% of the time. It looks for the first divice it sees and nothing else. So it always goes to a speaker thats not even on and on the other side of the house. It doesnt look like a list of things it findes it just shows one so i have to keep closing the app till it finds it. Im still downloading some software for in in the app its been like 10min and its only 50% done so maybe it fixes some of these problems? I thought while it was downloading it would check out instagram or youtube but even just minimizing the app disconnects the frames stopping the download.

So after like 20min of downloading and trying to install said my frames disconnected again and i connected them again and cant even tell if they updated or not. Went to play music for 15 seconds and they disconnected again. So far these are a terrible overpriced product.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Justin Stewart
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Re: Bose frames and bose connect

These frames are just getting worse and worse. After everything is downloaded and installed. Its still so hard to reconnect them. One time i got them to connect with 1 button press. Now all I hear is the speakers popping over and over. Try again same thing. I do a long press same thing. My 30$ cheap no name earbuds connect way faster and automaticly. 

Hi Justin, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having issues with connecting with the Frames. 

I would recommend removing the paired devices on the Frames using the Bose Connect app. Once completed, delete the pairing on your source device. Then try to pair again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Justin Stewart
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

There is absolutly nothing in this app. How can you even call this an app? its missing so many simple features. It has Find my buds, product help, feedback, .com, settings, leagal like what are these options. Where is devices? where is info on the products I can add. Like it says i can add a speaker and like 1% of the time the glasses come up and when they do the speaker dissapears. Not even an option to switch between them. 

I don't think a product that has 1 button for everything has ever worked out. If i hold down the button it says removed all pairs but when i hold it long enough to connect and says ready to connect. If i stop pressing the button it sounds like it turns off instantly or makes thumping sounds for a few seconds or a super long time.  AND when i do get it connected it always autos to the loudest volume.

Justin Stewart
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

everything I do as soon as I release the power button its just automaticly turning off and disconnecting even after it says connected to my phone. Im just gonna return them in the morning.

Justin Stewart
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

$300 defective paper weight

Hi Justin Stewart, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am deeply sorry that you are having this experience. 

Have you attempted to perform the steps that Jessie_O has kindly recommended? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and appreciate the feedback. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Justin Stewart
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Yes! 

Hi Justin Stewart, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Can you please attempt to delete and reinstall the app as well as let me know which device you are attempting to connect the Frames too? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Justin Stewart
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

I have removed the app atleast 10 times. im using a s10+ The frames are defective. They only work while holding the button