Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Bose frames definitely not durable

Got myself an alto frame last February, it was the coolest thing i had that time! Even had prescription lenses made for it. Bought my wife a rondo and convinced a couple of my buddies to get alto frames. Then a couple of days ago, my bose alto won’t turn on, googled for solutions and tried everything i came across with but still it won’t turn on. Called the bose service center in my country and they told me that bose frames are not repaired, they are replaced provided its within one year of the manufacturing date, mine was September 2019, so im out of warranty! Messaged bose and they just passed my queries to my local service center again. So with all that, i decided to inspect my alto frame. Inside the hinges, i found out that there are ribbon wires, mine was broken in the right side, you could even see its glued on the frame. It took only about a little over 7 months for it to break? You pay top dollar for a disposable piece of gadget that cant be serviced by bose? The design flaw is that they used glued to put the frame together and servicing the internal parts such as replacing a simple ribbon wire, means prying apart the frame which will definitely break it. Its a ribbon wire, keep flexing those and it will eventually break, but 7 months? Was hoping it would last at least a couple of years. You should be calling them bose “disposables” instead of wearables. I wouldn’t recommend anyone buying bose frames, sound quality is definitely good, but for its poor durablity, i suggest you look at other options.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Re: Bose frames definitely not durable

726C1973-7641-4218-8C6D-AE8ECAE2A82A.jpeg

1A452932-267C-4B22-AE6C-D341A97AF7A2.jpeg

7D14E8B1-733B-4B4B-A567-CE0CC06E06B0.jpeg

Highlighted

Re: Bose frames definitely not durable

Hi FRoura,

I'm glad to hear you were a fan of the sound quality the Frames produce! However, I'm sorry to hear you encountered issues with durability when using them. The great news is our support teams are available and ready to help you with these kinds of issues, so they can be resolved. I can see that you have already been in touch with our team in the past, so I would strongly recommend reaching out once more if you continue to have difficulties using the Frames, so we can put things right.

If you have any other queries I could help with, please let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!