Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Bose frames loud Static noise

There is a loud Static noise that persists during use and for a few seconds after any sound playing ends. Is there a way to fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose frames loud Static noise

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi ChrisZZ, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. This is a very strange issue and I would love to help you resolve this. 

Firstly, I would recommend ensuring that the Frames are running the latest software via the Btu.bose.com. I would also recommend clearing the pairing list for the Frames and reconnecting this can be done via clicking the Bluetooth icon inside the connect app, taping edit and removing the device from the Frames pairing list. You will need to remove the Frames from your device paring list also. 

If the issue still persists after these steps, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please update me on this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi ChrisZZ, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. This is a very strange issue and I would love to help you resolve this. 

Firstly, I would recommend ensuring that the Frames are running the latest software via the Btu.bose.com. I would also recommend clearing the pairing list for the Frames and reconnecting this can be done via clicking the Bluetooth icon inside the connect app, taping edit and removing the device from the Frames pairing list. You will need to remove the Frames from your device paring list also. 

If the issue still persists after these steps, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please update me on this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

Was this ever resolved? I have my frames for 2 days, I find the static pretty loud but could maybe ignore it if, indeed it stopped right after audio ended. I use voiceover, the iOS inbuilt screen reader and, after it stops reading, the hissing continues sometimes for more than a minute. Anyone ever had similar issue or can reproduce it? 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

I am experiencing a hissing sound in my Bose Frames as well. I have tried everything suggested in this thread, including make sure the firmware is up to date and clearing the pairing lists on every device, including the Frames themselves. I still hearing a hissing sound whenever audio is playing on the Frames, and for a while after the audio ends. Sometimes, after the audio ends, the hissing persists for just a few seconds, but other times it persists for a long time, as the most recent poster suggests. Even if the hissing did not persist after listening to sound, though, it would still be horrible.

Highlighted

Hello Cathy867862,

Sorry that you're having this experience.

If you have tried the troubleshooting within this thread, please reach out to your local Bose product support team via the link Hector_B has provided above.