Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Re: Bose frames only working when its folded up

Thanks for that. Mine have done exactly the same thing. No mention of this issue on the general BOSE product support site.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

That sucks. I'm amazed at the lack of support the company is offering for this product. It's not like they are cheap either.

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion! 

If you are experiencing this issue with your Frames not turning on when the arms are extended, and the troubleshooting in this thread has not resolved it for you, you will want to reach out to your local support team.

You can find the contact information for your local support teams at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

the suggestion to contact local support team is ridiculous.  just look at the hours people wasted trying to contact local team with lack of "support" with covid.  many of us are based in US.  just post some quick ways to fix or acknowledge that this a recognized issue now and will be part of firmware update. then, we will just shut up and wait.  it should be a fix that can be updated through the phone app.  many of us already know that the Frame can be turned on when folded so we know how to turn on to get update.  please help, in a real and meaningful way.

Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Well, I called bose support.  They were very friendly but told me it's out of warranty since I got it January 2019 when it first came out and I have to pay $149 to get a replacement since it's an hardware issue.  I don't know what to believe but it's not cool for that price.

Hi qi,

If your Frames are only turning on when the arms are closed then this is much more likely to be a problem with the hardware, such as damage to the Frames, than a software issue which is why the support team would have been looking at service options with you.

The Frames do come with a 1-year warranty in the US, so if you were outside of this warranty period then there are stills service options available but it would not be covered by your warranty. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

This is extremely annoying as had the issue since Sep, and only just had the chance to get in touch with the local Bose team in HK. But they said my warranty has just expired in Sep and cannot do anything. This is clearly a faulty batch of product (functional only when the temples arm fold up) as so many users reported the identical issue. I am extremely dissatisfied with BOSE. Spent money on the frame and extra lens as well, but a toy that lasts a few months only. Very upset about this! 

Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Thanks for the message. The problem is the out of warranty service cost which is $149 to get a replacement. Bose sells refurbished ones on eBay for $129.  I would think for a product that's not even 2 years since intro should have longer warranty given it's first gen and you should offer repair option instead of buying a new one.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2020

Hi Tegan_M

Hello Sameermulye, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Frames. 

If the issue persists after troubleshooting, I recommend contacting the team in Singapore to discuss an exchange.

Thanks!