Clausio87
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Re: Bose frames only working when its folded up

I have the same problem i live in Bolivia and i need support please help me with the contact in Bolivia Cochabamba

Mangesh
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

My Bose Alto frames are working o ly when folded and do not work when you open them. I found that a lot of people have similar problem. 

I have tried to call the Bose support number on India where I am based, but I am just not able to get through to them. I have also mailed them. I dont know what to do next. 

An anyone guide me please ?

bkbo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2021

Yes mine happened a day after this update and it is the right handle 

bkbo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2021

But this happened after a firmware update for me, just sayin although it looks like it, it may not be a hardware issue 

Laserpap
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2021

Same problem here. I bought my Bose Rondo last year in Germany and have used them almost on a daily basis. They are updated to the latest firmware. Now they only switch on and connect when the arms are closed and it is connected to a charger. The battery is a 100% or so the frames tell me.

Okay, I did some experimentation and found out that a. the glasses switch on when the right arm is closed. b. the glasses connect and stay connected as long as the right arm stays closed, regardless of the position of the glasses. c. the batteries are full, the glasses don't charge.

As soon as I open the right arm further than say 45 degrees, the connection drops and the glasses switch off. That could be a faulty switch/sensor or a firmware problem.

BOSE, are you going to address this problem or do I need to make a YouTube video and a lot of noise? And don't come with the standard "reach out to our team" response.

nitinpotdar
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2021

Bose frames only working when its folded up

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Bose Frames Rondo

Country India

Like the title says, my frames do not turn on, light up or make any noise while they're open. But when I close the frames it turns on and plays fine, and if I open them whilst they're playing, it turns off again. It seems like it's an issue in the charging arm but just wanted to see if anyone had a similar issue or a fix for this

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Laserpap
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2021

This is an issue with the ribbon cable inside the right arm. You'll notice that if you keep the right arm folded, the glasses will function normally. BOSE so far has refused to address the issue, despite many people complaining about the same thing. This is a law suit waiting to happen.