Bose frames wont connect to Bose connect 8.0 app

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Bose frames wont connect to Bose connect 8.0 app

Just received my frames. I have tried everything possible. The frames do pair with bluetooth and work correctly. The Connect app refuses to see the frames. I have tried resetting the app, uninstalling, clearing cache and data, unpairing bluetooth, restarting phone, holding the button for 10 seconds to clear bluetooth setting. I even tried an older 7.0 version of the app with no luck. I am connected to a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running Android Oreo. I only needing the app to boost the max volume setting and to do the firmware updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by bckrupps

Accepted Solutions

Re: Firmware update questions and issues

Hi bckrupps,

We have sent you a private message on the community to investigate this further and look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Community Admin

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Bose frames wont connect to Bose connect 8.0 app

Hi Bckrupps, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, I'd be happy to assist. 

Have you been able to connect the Frames by using your Bluetooth menu in your Phone? 

If so, have you been able to successfully connect to another device?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Yes the frames connect fine in the Bluetooth menu. I do not have another device to try to connect them to that can access the Bose Connect app.

Audible Advocate

The problem is the Bose connect app does not see the Frames at all. Everything else is fully funtional and works fine.

Hi Bckrupps,

Thank you for this information. 

Are you able to connect in the Bluetooth menu then open the connect app? 

Does the app see the Frames that way?

Kindest,

Jessie O

Audible Advocate

No. I tried both setting up the Connect app first and also tried the app after resetting everything and sucessfully pairing to bluetooth. Both ways the app shows the pairing circles extending outward as it searches for them for 5 or 6 seconds unsuccessfully then a trobleshooting screen.

Highlighted

Hello Bckrupps,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the connect App however I would be of help.

I can see you have tried a couple of troubleshooting steps and the issue still persists.

Could you make sure the location services on your mobile device is enabled? This setting varies by device but is commonly found in the notifications panel or Settings->General->Location.

Then, try to pair the device.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Prince O

Audible Advocate

Yes location services is on and allowed for the phone and the application. It appears to me that it is some kind of connect software issue with the Bose connect application as otherwise the glasses pair fine to bluetooth and are fully functional in every way. Unfortunately without the app connection software updates and volume limiter changes will be a problem. The pairing time seems so short before the troubleshooting screen pops up also.

Update
So I went home and tried connecting the frames to my wifes Samsung Galaxy S9 and had the same issues we have discussed with the Bose Connect App.

I borrowed my wifes ipad Air and was able to connect to the Bose Connect app perfectly so i am certain that there is some kind of communication error between the Bose Connect app and the frames on some Android devices. Both devices did connect perfectly to Bluetooth and the frames and everything worked correctly otherwise. I hope this helps.
Audible Advocate

Firmware update questions and issues

I received my frames the other day. I tried to Use the Bose connect app on Android and it wont work. I was able to connect to an ipad but no software update showed available. I connected on my macbook and received a software update to 2.01 and then it said i was current. I am confused as to how Bose releases software updates. I have not been able to get 2.12 or the newest 2.3.1. These Frames are perfect but the Bose connect app problems and software updates are really a struggle to do if the app works at all. Listed below is what does and doesn't work. The frames do function properly on all devices. My issues are all Bose connect related

Samsung Note 9 - Bose Connect app refuses to see frames no matter what. Tried everything possible.

Samsung Galaxy 9 - Same as above

Ipad Air 2019 - Pairs perfectly with Bose connect app but shows software as current with no updates available

Apple Macbook Pro - connects perfectly via usb. 1 software update installed fine. Shows current but is still 2 updates behind.

Re: Firmware update questions and issues

Hi Bckrupps, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are an experience with your Frames. I'll be happy to assist. 

It sounds as though your main issue at the moment is an update. So I would recommend following the link below and downloading the update to your PC or Mac. 

btu.bose.com

Hopefully, this should help with your discovery issues in the Bose Connect App. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support