Lytton
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Re: Bose glasses not charging

No solution! The problem is with the connections in the right wing arm. Shades of the problems with the notorious Sleepbuds. Déjà vu.....all over again.

Tegan_M

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are having this experience. If you have tried all the troubleshooting provided in the thread, please contact your local Bose product support team. Click this link > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
bkbo
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2021

Respectfully, many clients are having the same problem with these expensive glasses which deserve way more durability for their price. This is either a firmware update which damaged the hardware or an engineering failure altogether . However the list Bose could do is, own up to it and  give its customer a chance to roll back the recent updates and test if the glasses work again instead of replaying like a robot and telling the customer to go to local support offices. 

Starganderfish
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

I've just lodged another warranty return/replacement for my Bose Frames. This will be the third pair. First pair had the usual failure with the right hinge 12 months after buying - fortunately, they were still under warranty. The second pair has had this same right hinge problem slightly more than two months later. Lodged a warranty claim and Bose are sending me yet another pair. It's obviously a fundamental design flaw with these Frames (at least with the Alto's? No idea if they have done any redesign or improvements with their newer models.)

While its a bit of a pain, the one good thing is that the warranty replacement is so easy. It's obviously something they are really used to doing because it happens so often. And of course, the warranty resets with each replacement pair. I would prefer that the cable inside was more durable and that this didn't keep happening, but at least they take care of the issue. At this rate, I'll just keep replacing the glasses every few months through BOSE.
Eventually they'll get sick of the cost and either fix the fundamental design flaw or give me a set that don't break.

NAVYVINN
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

Please Help i am in the Miltary deployed in Rota spain i purchased these frames November,2020 and they will not turn on nor charge i have tried all trouble shoot options i am still under the Bose one year warranty and would like these replaced or even repaired it is very frustrating that there is no Easy repair Option or easy return After knowing this is a constant problem with this product .please respond .

Jeff_G

Hello Navyvinn, 

Thanks for joining the discussion! 

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with your Frames not charging. That's disappointing to hear.

As you've tried all available troubleshooting, I recommend reaching out to the Bose support team in Spain to discuss service. Being in Spain, you benefit from a two year warranty coverage period so an exchange will likely be free. 

Bose Support in Spain can be found here.

Thanks!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ericericz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

I am having the same issue, looks like many of us have the same issue, BOSE need to provide solutions to us

Dig
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2021

I have the same problem Marcelo.

I live in RJ! Brazil.

Você conseguiu resolver?? 

Diego Campos 

robertbr
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2021

I have a same issue with Alto, don't charge at all, led light just blinks when you plug in a cable for a split of second, try to connect with my laptop don't recognize it at all, and all of that I tried with 2 different cables and chargers.

Also I try to find a local representative in Malta but wasn't listed.

I think this is very frustrating for this pricy product.

Liam_G

Hello Robertbr and welcome to the Community! I am sorry to hear you are also having issues with your Frames, I will be happy to help point you in the right direction.
You can find local representative contact details for Malta here. 

I hope this helps! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!