Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Re: Bose Frames

Same here. Bought the pair 6 months ago, was fine. Tonight I realized I could not turn them on. Try to charge the glasses, no luck, until I closed the Branches, it started charging. 100% Charged, wear the pair, cannot connect to iPhone. Try to connect with the pair of glasses closed, connect and I can listen to music, but as soon as I open the right branch (the one where you connect the cable to charge the pair) connection drop, and pair turns off. Faulty contact???? For Bose, not great... Now, let me know about the warranty...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Frames not charging

Fed up with sending emails to Bose Support.  Frames just got dead. Not charging at all. No reply to all my emails since a month. Pathetic.  Feel cheated.  Tried everything that was mentioned on the Bose community. 

Highlighted

Re: Frames not charging

Hi Mangesh,

Sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your frames. 

Have you tried all the troubleshooting provided in this thread, we would like to ensure all steps have been performed? 

What is your country of residence? We will happily do what we can to help you reach out to your local support. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Re: Bose glasses not charging

This is marked with "problem solved" but sending back to Bose is not a solution!! Please make a overall recall, my Frames just ended the 1 year period and it is in the same situation of many in this forum. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

hi do you guys solved a problem?? Cuz i got same problem here, i bought bose frame alto about 9 month ago at austria, but i live in indonesia, my bose alto still blinking but it diddnt charge at all.. please help me..i spend for $300 something its not worth it if alot of people experience this...

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

If you have tried the troubleshooting in this thread and are still having this problem please do reach out to your local support team for further assistance, they will be able to help with this! You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

@Echa aduy, as you are in Indonesia, the local team for you can be found HERE.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2020

Bose Frames no Longer Turn On (Will charge and update still)

A week ago my Bose Frames stopped turning on. When plugging them in to charge the light comes on indicating that they are charging. I've updated the firmware, so my computer is able to recognize and update them. But still no luck.

When trying to power them on there is no light, sound, or Bluetooth connection to my phone.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I sat on hold with customer support for over an hour and was then disconnected. I'm currently deployed and have pretty limited access to make long phone calls. The customer support text/email keeps directing me to call the number which i'm unable to do at most times. Is there any other way to receive support?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Re: Bose Frames

Good spot re the right arm. Exactly the same for me. Charge only works with the right arm closed and will not power on/connect unless the right arm is closed.

Everything work fine UNTIL you open the right arm beyond about 30 degrees, then it just disconnects/powers down!

Seems like a connection problem in the arm microswitch. Epic fail! Glasses only a few months old and now expensively reglazed with my varifocal prescription. Agggh! Thanks Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Bose Frames 'Dead'!. Not charging or connecting

As other posters have spotted, there's a problem with the right arm. Exactly the same for me. Charge only works with the right arm closed and will not power on/connect unless the right arm is closed.

Everything work fine UNTIL you open the right arm beyond about 30 degrees, then it just disconnects/powers down!

Seems like a connection problem in the arm microswitch. Epic fail! Glasses only a few months old and now expensively reglazed with my varifocal prescription. Agggh! Thanks Bose, what now?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

I’ve got the same issues I see in a lot of other posts.  My Bose Alto glasses were purchased last Christmas and I had prescription lenses put in them.  Just recently they started to only charge when the right arm was closed and would quit playing if the right arm was opened.  Now, they won’t charge at all.  I never close the arms on my glasses and always lay them on a table upside down, opened to charge.  It appears there is a connector or something that needs to be upgraded in the right hinge. The battery is located in the left arm but with the connector issue in the right hinge, no power can get to or from the battery.  It appears they have been replacing the defective frames but if the connection has not been improved, it’s just a matter of time before the same issue re-emerges. I will contact them tomorrow and see about getting a replacement set and update this tread further.

It would be nice to know if the connection issue in the right hinge has been improved or not, an would be great if someone from Bose would reply to the thread with an answer.