jxw1166
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

CONNECTION

The frames can not keep connected with Iphone. Once, it connected, it is disconnected immediately.

at first, i thought it was a physical problem, and i asked a replacement. However, when the replacement goes to, the same problem. how to fix that?

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: CONNECTION

I've seen this happen and it seems that time it was because it had trouble recognising the phones name.  Is the phone named using chinese/japanese lettering (or something similar).  I found renaming it worked, but I also heard that an update should have fixed that

Re: CONNECTION

Hello jxw1166, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I am sorry that you're facing some difficulties with your Bose Frames and your iPhone. Let's see if we can get this resolved together, 

We can start by going to btu.bose.com and manually updating the firmware on your Frames. Many users have had success with this. After that let's go ahead and delete the Bluetooth memory of both devices. On the Frames we will want to: 

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth devices.
  2. Tap the Bluetooth icon below the product image. If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it, then tap the Bluetooth icon.
  3. From the CONNECTIONS screen, tap EDIT
  4. To remove a device from memory, tap the X next to the device name.
  5. Tap DISCONNECT to confirm.
  6. When finished removing devices, tap ALL DONE.

If you have paired directly on your phone, we will also want to remove the headphones from the Bluetooth paired device list memory too. 

Once this has been completed, please can you uninstall and then reinstall the Bose Connect app. This will ensure it is up to date. 

We can then go ahead and try and pair the Frames again. 

Let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W