Highlighted
sfarson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Cannot Update New Bose Frames

Hi... Received the new Bose Frames Alto today.

Installed the Bose Connect App onto my iPhone. No prob connecting the Frames to the Connect App. An updater starts to download a software update. The download concludes after 10-15 minutes. Then I get a message something like... "The software is updating on another device." What? And after 30 seconds or so, it starts to download the update again. Continuous loop.

So I uninstall the app on my iPhone and install the software on my iPod Touch. Same thing. 10-15 minutes of automatically downloading, then when complete, the same message from the Connect App... "Software is updating on another device." Then it starts downloading again. 

So, the Connect App is unusable. Continous downloading - updating error message - downloading again. It happens with both devices. So... cannot update the software. Would appreciate any suggestions!

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cannot Update New Bose Frames

Hello Sfarson, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I can appreciate that this must be frustrating and I would love to assist. I would suggest going to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and manually updating the firmware of the glasses. 

After this, let's clear the memory of the Frames and then repair them with the app. 

1. Power off the frames by flipping them upside down for 2 seconds. The status light glows solid white then fades to black
  2. On the right temple, press and hold the button until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared,” and the status light slowly blinks white
  3. Delete your frames from the Bluetooth list on your device. All devices are cleared, and the frames are ready to connect

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

If any other community user has had this issue, we would love to hear your thoughts. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support

reimannhypothesis
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Thanks this worked for me on a Mac as well. Appreciate your help

sfarson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Yes, the http://btu.bose.com worked for me as well. Wasn't aware the charging cable was also a data cable. Thanks.

Perhaps there can be a notice, or a post here, when the Connect App is working. I tried it on various devices and it was continued in a loop... downloading, couldn't update, downloading, couldn't update...