Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Clear non-prescription lenses

Are clear non-prescription lenses available? I would like the clear lenses to be able to wear these inside.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Clear non-prescription lenses

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Update: As of 12/19/19 Bose Frames are now "prescription-ready" in the United States! This means for existing and new customers in the US only, your warranty will now be upheld should you choose to add prescription lenses (sunglasses or other) to your Bose Frames through any licensed prescription lens installer, regardless of the date you purchased them. More information on this can be found HERE.

Hello Bloud,

Welcome to the Bose Community and thank you for making your first post.

We do not currently have any clear lenses available but I would be more than happy to pass this feedback along for consideration. 

For the Bose Lenses Rondo style, we have 'Mirrored Rose Gold (Polarized)' and 'Gradient Blue (Non-Polarized)'.

For the Bose Lenses Alto style, we have 'Mirrored Silver (Polarized)' and 'Gradient Blue (Non-Polarized)'

Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Update: As of 12/19/19 Bose Frames are now "prescription-ready" in the United States! This means for existing and new customers in the US only, your warranty will now be upheld should you choose to add prescription lenses (sunglasses or other) to your Bose Frames through any licensed prescription lens installer, regardless of the date you purchased them. More information on this can be found HERE.

Hello Bloud,

Welcome to the Bose Community and thank you for making your first post.

We do not currently have any clear lenses available but I would be more than happy to pass this feedback along for consideration. 

For the Bose Lenses Rondo style, we have 'Mirrored Rose Gold (Polarized)' and 'Gradient Blue (Non-Polarized)'.

For the Bose Lenses Alto style, we have 'Mirrored Silver (Polarized)' and 'Gradient Blue (Non-Polarized)'

Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

I would easily buy this product tomorrow if clear lenses were available by Bose that would not void the warranty

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Christ0000Ian,

Thanks for posting and providing your feedback. To maintain the warranty of your Bose Frames, lenses can only be replaced with authorized or approved lenses like the Bose Lens Collection. We are exploring partnerships to allow for prescription lenses under the warranty, but there are no approved channels for this yet. 

I will pass your feedback to the development team for you, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

I ordered non prescription transition lenses from GlassesUSA. Haven't received them yet but they make lenses for both frames. They also do prescriptions.lenses.

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Prescription lenses absolutely can be installed in Bose Frames.

The BS from the Bose folks on here waffling about the warranty is counterproductive and frankly un-enforceable.

If something happens, do you really think someone would send their Bose Frames in for a warranty replacement with their expensive prescription lenses still installed? Even if BOSE wasn't trying to avoid their warranty obligations, and prescription lenses where accepted, the first thing you would do with a warranty claim would be to take out your prescription lenses and keep them aside for when the Frames were returned, repaired or replaced. You wouldn't be sending the Frames in with the prescription lenses still installed ANYWAYS!! Bose sends back replacement glasses and throws out your broken set... are you going to rely on them to remember to re-install your prescription lenses? 

And that's ignoring how exactly Bose thinks the warranty disclaimer is enforceable when they specifically instruct you how to swap lenses and they selll alternate and replacement lenses. "Oh you can use OUR replacement lenses, that are mass-produced in a Chinese factory, but you can't install lenses made by hand, to exacting standards, by a trained medical professional"... just stupid. 

And of course, let's not forget the fact that BOSE sales-staff all around the world are explicitly informing customers at the point of sale, that they CAN install prescription lenses in these. Woopsie!!