Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Feature Wish List for Next Generation Frames

I was thinking, it would be interesting to hear from Frame users and potential Frame buyers which features or improvements they‘d would like to see on the next Frames generation.

i‘ve read that some people like silicone nose pads to prevent slipping.

or longer battery life.

i‘d like to see better or more integration with navigation apps via osd or caller id announcement

Who knows, maybe we can positively impact the product developement of future products.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Re: Feature Wish List for Next Generation Frames

Improvements in electronics will naturally lead to shrinkage in size of the Frame stems and increase in battery life.

Need for more volume and more bass (frequency response) have already been identified.

As an acoustic AR accessory for smartphones, Bose has barely scratched the surface. Once AR is enabled for Android,

developers will start to figure out more interesting AR use cases and more AR content will be available. So its hard  for me to conceive

what product improvements are needed to support this. Maybe additional sensors to enhance situational awareness, like

the new generation of ultrasonic sensors.

One fundamental question is whether Bose Frames stays as a standalone product or becomes a component for the next generation of hologram oriented AR headsets.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Love your enthusiasm about thinking we can impact product development, but they don't seem open to suggestions. They don't even want you to swap the lenses for precription lenses (which to be honest I think it's because you'd use it more often than you would use sunglasses, which would make the short battery life more prominent).

In fact when I made the BoseAR WebSDK and showed them all the cool things you could do, the Bose Developer Relations team scheduled a call with me to discuss it (Michael Ludden, Chuck Freedman, Nadine).

Turns out they had secretly recorded me (Nadine let me know they were recording in the middle of the call and only then asked if they could record me), and had their legal team with them. They then interrogated me and asked if I used their iOS code to make it, and I had to explain that Swift/JavaScript are 2 different languages on 2 different platforms. Later on Michael Ludden called me on his personal cell and asked for my advice on how to build a developer community (I gave him some advice and was eventually blocked by him and made it harder for me to post on their developer forums by requring each post and comment to be approved - as if their app approval process wasn't strict enough)

When other companies start to release products that enable "AR" (which is honestly just an added Bluetooth-enabled IMU attached to the headphones that you have to connect separately from the headphones itself), only then will companies listen to users, since there's competition. And honestly I doubt each manufacturer will have their own separate ecosystem that developers have to make separate apps for - I think some standard orientation format will be proposed, just like how headphones follow standards for basic playback controls.

Also they've segregated the Developer forum and Community forum, so they don't even seem to want the developers and users to communicate with each other.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Despite the short battery life, I would get these in a heartbeat if they had a blue-blocker lens version. They would be perfect for at the office. I know there 3rd party ones, but by the time you go through all that, it's more like $300