Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Frames are not charing with USB

My Frames are not charging via USB connection. The charging light does not come blink.

I checked to ensure the plug works and such.  I cleaned the charging contact on the frame and the cable.

Please advise what to do.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Frames are not charing with USB

Hi RaoM, 

I am sorry your Frames are no longer charging, thanks for already trying great troubleshooting! 

Are you using a USB to wall adaptor? If so, please replace this to see if this provides improvements. 

Following this, check for any available firmware updates. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

If this provides no improvements, please reach out to your local support. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

The health of our customers, employees, suppliers and partners is a top priority for Bose. As we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you may experience longer waiting times than expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check the Bose Support website, where you will find a number of options that may help address your need.

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Re: Frames are not charging with USB

Thank you for your response. I have downloaded the updater and ran it.  It has not made any difference. Then, i followed the link and went to contact us and the page asks for serial number of the Frames. I could not find the number on the frames. There are several products shown on the page but the frames is not shown at all.  I am stuck.  Please let me know what to do . I am based in Santa Barbara, California.  Thank you very much.

Highlighted

Hi RaoM, 

If you look at the left temple, you will find the serial number. This will be the closest number to the lens itself, it is a 17-digit number 😊

As you are located in the US you can put this serial number into this link to provide you with service options.

I hope this is a bit clearer and helps! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I located where the serial number is on my Bose Frames. However, I am not able to read

it as it is too tiny.  I tried to take a photo of it and then enlarge and zero luck with that.

Is there an address where I can Fedex these frames and get them fixed?  My frames have

prescription glasses and that makes it even harder to do anything without them. 

I am happy to pay for the fix.  I look forward to your response. Thank you very much.

Highlighted

Hi RaoM,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble reading your serial number!

For support with your Frames you can also reach out to your local support team HERE, over the phone or via social media. However, they are also going to need your serial number to proceed. They may be able to help you read this though if you send them a picture!