Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Frames not showing up in Bluetooth list on any device, indicator not flashing

Unboxed a pair of Rondo Frames yesterday, successfully paired to Bluetooth and showed up in the Bose app. Showed that it was downloading an update.  I plugged the glasses in and left them alone. Today, went to connect, and the frames don't show up in Bluetooth or in the app on the iPhone I connected too yesterday. 

I've tried:

• closing and reopening bose app
  • wiping bluetooth device list from frames
  • deleting frames from phone
  • connecting with other devices, including another iphone, an android phone, a mac, and it does not show up anywhere

The slow flash indicator light doesn't seem to be working. It occasionally lights up, but in a very irregular way. 

Could this update have killed the frames somehow? I don't know if it's relevant, but this is my second pair of frames. I've "forgotten" both pairs of frames in my bluetooth device lists. The previous pair had no issues. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Frames not showing up in Bluetooth list on any device, indicator not flashing

Hi Ihaven,

Thank you for posting and joining us in the community. I'm sorry to hear your new Rondo's are not working correctly and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to check, when you plugged the frames in, was this while they were downloading or installing the update from the app? When the frames are connected to a power source, they do turn off while they charge. If this was done while the update was being installed from the app, this could have caused the update to install incorrectly.

What I would recommend you do to start with is try running the update manually with the cable connection from a computer. You can do this using our Device Updater and following the on-screen instructions.

If you are still having trouble after doing this, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.