Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Frames turn off when I open the temples

My Frames have been working perfectly for several months.  One day last week they stopped working. I thought that it was a charging issue, so I charged them up.  I tried them again with no result.  I closed the temples, pressed the button and I heard the frames "Battery 100%", so I opened them to put them back on my head and they turned off.  Bottom line, the speakers work when the temples are closed and they stop when I open them.  What can I do to get them to work properly?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Re: Frames turn off when I open the temples

My wife glasses are doing the same thing. Sometimes the right side will work, but very low volume. 

Highlighted

Re: Frames turn off when I open the temples

Hello Mark and @m66mckay

Thank you both for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are both experiencing a very strange power issue with your Frames. 

Let's try and update the Frames by connecting them to a PC via the USB charging cable and visiting our online updater, once on the website please follow the on-screen instructions ti update the Frames. 

I would also like to know if the issue persists when you are connected to a device or all the time? 

I look forward to hearing back from you both and would love to hear from any others with this issue. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.