Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Glasses Won't Charge - No Support

Based in Australia

I've got a pair of Glasses that will no longer charge or respond to the power button. They are approx 8 months old

I've tried:

Holding down the power button for about 20 seconds

Plugging into a PC with the cable (PC didn't recognise they were plugged in at all)

Any attempt to reach support by chat or phone here simply comes back with a message that everything has been shut down due to Covid-19.

Are there any other suggestions for something I've missed trying?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Re: Glasses Won't Charge - No Support

I am having the same problem with mine. One day they were fine and when I tried to charge them the little white light never came on. I have tried to plug them in while pressing the button thinking that it will reset, I have plugged them into other computers. I can't tell if it's the charging cord that wont charge or the glasses themselves. I have tried to contact support and get feedback but with COVID-19 its becoming difficult to do anything. 

I really like this product as I am a school bus driver for my kids school and this is such a great tool to use when going on field trips to listen for directions and have silence while driving. I hope we can get answers soon, I don't want my warranty to go out before they are finally able to come back to work. 

Sincerely, 

Allie the Bus Driver 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Yep

Would certainly be nice if there was some form of notice paid to these posts.  I'm not expecting people to take risks by showing to work, but I'd hope that there's still someone around monitoring these forums.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello both,

I am very sorry that you are having issues with your Frames and that you are not managing to get through to our colleagues from Customer Service. As you know, our customers' and employees' safety is the most important to us and as we work through the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), some services might be temporarily unavailable and/or you may experience longer waiting times than expected. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but I would like to reassure you that we will do our best for our customers to ensure that you can carry on enjoying your products for as long as possible.

Thank your for your understanding and your patience.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Same here!  My hubby and I each have a pair of Altos and a couple of days ago they just would not charge, I changed charging cables, I plugged them into my Mac, nothing.  We FINALLY got them to charge by closing both temples (part of frame that goes on your ears).  We them updated them by plugging them into the Mac and using the Bose Updater webpage - updated to version 4.16.  They work with my iPhone BUT you can’t put them on because EVERY time you open the right temple you hear a “click” and they turn off.

BOSE - Please fix this software update issue. On this forum there are others experiencing this same issue!

Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Thanks Anne

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not demanding anything has to happen during this crisis.  This is more about making sure the issues are recorded as existing somewhere now, rather than after the warranty has expired.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Exactly, we need this issue noted so that we can ensure it is covered during our warranty period.

I am holding for Bose Support now.  Please note that I had to redial at least 5 times because it would ring once and then automatically hang up on me.  I finally got thorough on the 5th try of redialing; I am listening to on-hold music, but at least I got in the queue. 

Update:  Got through to Bose Support.  With this COVID-19 issue, I was informed that only a couple of their support centers are open so the wait times are unusually long.  But they were very nice and supportive in helping me with the issue.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

I have the same problem. My Bose frames stopped charging. I am facing this problem 3rd time, earlier Bose service centre replaced it twice. Now I am stuck in lockdown and waiting to open it.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Hello,

I am having the same issue.  My bose frames stopped charging from one day to the next.

Thanks,

Susana