Highlighted
thepatpat
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 7, 2019

Incoming phone call volume issue

Let me just start with this, I absolutely love my Bose frames. I use them almost exclusively during the day time and weirdly sometimes at night.

My issue currently is when receiving a phone call, the frames will lower the volume while the phone is ringing, then after answering the phone using the frames the volume of my phone call is still way too low to be used for my phone call.

Raising the volume on the phone does no difference as the phone is already maximize its volume. It is now been common for me to answer the call and state that I’m going to call you right back. After calling back without any adjustments made the volume the phone call is now normal. Is anyone else experienced this?

This issue popped up randomly, as it wasn’t a normal occurrence but has been consistently my experience since it showed up. Along with reduced mic call quality overall.
27 REPLIES 27
Community Manager

Re: Incoming phone call volume issue

Hello thepatpat,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums. I'm delighted to hear that you love the Bose Frames, but sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing audio volume issues when using phone calls and appreciate how frustrating that must be, but would love to help in any way that I can.

What device are you using with the Bose Frames? Have you connected them to any other mobile phones to compare results? Additionally, what calling features are you using - the built-in phone app or a VoIP platform like Skype, Facebook Messenger or similar?

I'd love to suggest some troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issues you're experiencing. Many mobile devices have an independent volume setting for Ringer and Alerts, which can be found within the general settings for the device. Have you attempted adjusting this to compare results? Additionally, have you attempted adjusting the volume for the Frames directly within the Bose Connect app during a phone call?

I also encourage you to perform a Bluetooth reset on the Frames and connect them back to your mobile phone again. To do this:

1. Power off the frames by flipping them upside down for 2 seconds. The status light glows solid white then fades to black.
  2. Press and hold the button on the right temple until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared,” and the status light slowly blinks white.
  3. Delete your frames from the Bluetooth list on your device. All devices are cleared, and the frames are ready to connect.
  4. Reconnect your Frames to your mobile device, and test for results again.

I also advise checking for and applying any available firmware updates for your Frames. This can be done via the Bose Connect application.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Jawo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Hello. I also have this issue. I have a samsung note 8 phone. I tried to adjust in app while in call but its already maxed out. Adjust through the volume keys but maxed out. But if i make the call its so much louder. Latest software installed.

Pls advice.
Community Manager

Hi Jawo,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar issue. 

To confirm, have you attempted the above troubleshooting suggestions outlined, by performing a Bluetooth reset on the Frames and Samsung Note 8? Additionally, are you using the built-in phone application on your device, or are you using third-party VoIP apps? 

Have you tested using the Frames with any other devices like an alternate mobile phone to compare results?

I look forward to hearing back.

Kindest,

Andy B

Jawo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Thanks Andy. Yes i did all that except using another phone brand. It shouldnt act up on android phones. Its ok to have low volume to begin with, but not be able to raise it makes it sad.
mrocha
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

I am using an iPhone XS Max and I have the same issue. I always use the built-in App.

Hello Jawo,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that none of the troubleshooting has worked for you. I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to assist you further with this issue. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion.

@mrocha have you tried the troubleshooting suggested above?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Zoe C 

robinbhat77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Hi

There was same issue with me.You have do one thing, whenever you recieve incoming call dont pick through frames ,pick from phone and then from there shift to frames option.

mrocha
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Tks, robinbhat77!

I hope Bose solve this in the next firmware...

robinbhat77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Hi

i want to know is the problem solved?