Bose Rondo

Country

United States

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
One plus 7t

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

One day my glasses just stopped working. I pulled them out today and discovered something. They would turn on and work fine only if the glasses were not open. The glasses cannot be opened past a certain point or they'll turn off. It happens everytime I try. They don't fit my face at the angle they work at. It's very frustrating, but seems like it could be fixed.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Anywhere

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

September. It worked fine before 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

No

5 REPLIES 5
Alek5201
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2020

Re: Keeps turning off

• I discovered the problem. It's this break in the plastic that happened at some point. If I hold the plastic tightly together it works, but as soon as I let go it turns off. It must be something to do with the auto shut off feature when you set the glasses down. IMG_20201211_170506.jpg

IMG_20201211_170348.jpg

Jeff_G

Hello Alek5401, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your headphones. 

Moving forward, I recommend contacting local support in your region to discuss service here.

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
phthomas71
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

I have this same problem. Frames worked fine until 3-4 days ago, when they no longer turned on if I was wearing them (or opened the temples to put them on).

I am able to get them to pair with my iPhone, iPad and my MacBook. It seems to have something to do with the on/off switch as the original post suggests. My frames/temple hinges are not broken.

Vicky_W

@phthomas71, I am sorry to hear this. To get this fixed, I would suggest using the details in @Jeff_G's post above to contact your local support team. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
phthomas71
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

Thank you, Vicki, for your prompt response. I will call later today or tomorrow.

What’s so disappointing is that I have Bose technical support on speed dial. Between my SoundTouch speakers repeatedly dropping from WiFi to a soundbar costing $165 to repair because the power module failed and now my frames not staying powered on, Bose’s quality has plunged.

Going forward, the only product I’ll buy from Bose is headphones and earbuds. That’s the only technology (Bluetooth and wired) that I’ve found Bose can reliably produce. Incredibly sad, very expensive and a constant reminder of how far Bose has fallen.

Happy Sunday!