Highlighted
RoiLevy23691
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Left side doesn't work

Today I turned on My Bose Frames and sound only came from the right side. I tried updating the firmware of the Frames and it didn't work. What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Left side doesn't work

Hello RoiLevy23691, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the sound on the left-hand side of your Frames, but I am sure that we can get it sorted!

To start with let's try the following steps to see if we can resolve this issue with troubleshooting: 

• See if audio is playing on the connected Bluetooth® device. Look in the audio app on the device to see if a playback time counter is advancing or if there is another visual indicator that shows audio is playing.
  • Be sure the volume of the connected device is turned up. The connected device's volume should be set at its maximum level. For details, refer to the owner's manual for the device.
  • Check the audio settings in the app. Some audio apps for computers and smartphones have settings to select where the sound from the app will be heard (i.e. internal speakers, Bluetooth®, headphones, etc.). Open the app settings menu and look for sound settings. If there is an option for Audio Output, Playback Device, Speakers or something similar, be sure it is set properly.
  • On Android-based phones, be sure the Media audio option is enabled. Streaming audio can be disabled within an Android phone's Settings menu. This would prevent audio from playing even after pairing and connecting properly
  1. Within the Setting menu of the phone, locate the Bluetooth menu that displays the list of paired "Bluetooth devices". The location of this setting varies by device. Bluetooth options are often found under the "Wireless & networks" Settings menu category. The list of devices may be under a separate "Bluetooth settings" selection.
  2. Under the "Bluetooth devices" list, press and hold on the name of the Bose device until a pop-up menu appears.
  3. In the pop-up menu, select "Options..."
  4. In the Options menu, be sure both the Media setting is checked.
  5. Press the phone's Home button to exit the setting menu.
  • If audio does not play after enabling this setting, toggle the power switch on the headset. Unpair the Bluetooth device and wait several minutes before pairing again.
  • An iPhone or iPod Touch may not play properly immediate following an iOS update. If an iOS update has just been performed, unpair the Bluetooth enabled device, wait several minutes before pairing it again.

I look forward to hearing how you get on with these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

RoiLevy23691
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

My Frames are connected properly and I've used them before but today the left side stopped working. I even checked it on multiple devices such as other phones and computers.

Hi RoiLevy23691,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your Frames. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I am confident a member of the team will be able to assist you.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W