Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Max Volume on Glasses

Do the new Soprano, Tenor, Tempo have a louder max volume than the Alto glasses that I am wearing?

The Alto glasses are great in a noise free envioronment, but fail miserably when there is street traffic or even loud surf in the background.  Can the max volume be adjusted upwards, albeit with reduced listening time?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Max Volume on Glasses

Hi shaulson,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We don't have any compares the overall "loudness" of the new Frames to the Altos. This is due to the fact we don't publish specifications like decibel volume as these won't give an accurate impression of the overall sound of our products.

Even how you perceive something like "loudness" can be influenced by a few different factors. In your examples with traffic and surf a higher decibel level won't necessarily drown the sound out better if the frequencies the background noise occupies are not adequately masked by the sound coming from the speakers.

I'm sorry I don't have a straight yes or no answer to your questions, but I hope this helps you understand the reasoning!

I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about wanting to be able to adjust the volume higher for a reduced listening time though. A kind of "boost" mode that would allow for higher volumes for a period of time is a really interesting idea! I can't say for certain whether this is something that could be added, but I'll make sure the development team are aware this is something you would be interested in!

If you have any more questions or feedback, please do let me know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!