Akin
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Re: Max Volume

Hello,

I just opened my Bose Frames for the first time upon its arrival, today. I dont know whether to say i am impressed or not. Bose soundsport free, which i am presently using is super-awesome. This, firstly, the sound production isnt loud at all (something i can understand) but where i am worried, the sound production isnt too clear. I was expectling a crystal clear sound from this but i am a bit disappointed or thinking i am. Basically the sound production isnt clear. why?

Thank you.

Brandon_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Akin,

The sound production should be quite clear. Due to the sound not being reproduced directly in your ear like the SoundSport Free the frames obviously wont be able to compare to in ear headphones.

Are you getting a nice comfortable fit? Are the speaker/drivers close to your ear drum?

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Akin
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Hi Max,

Thank you for the response. Well, its new, an hour old of usage and the fit is okay. The noise isnt clear. I have the rondo and i have an iphone 8. I am still updating the firmware, maybe when it has been fully updated, it will be better. Maybe i should adjust the equalizer of the player. Thoughts?

Thanks again.

Brandon_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Yes lets definitely see what the update does to the sound quality. Check your equalizer and set it to standard as the Frames will work with the standard EQ better than an adjusted one hopefully. If you turn them all the way up, the lows of the music may fall off due to the size of the drivers not being able to produce the bass. But 80% listening volume is recommended.

Let us know how that goes.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

omg_robots
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

My bad! I found the volume slider in the Bose Connect app. I don't know how I missed it before. Volume is fine!

Akin
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Hi.

Please how did you get the volume slider on the app? 

Thanks.

omg_robots
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Akin - I'm using Bose Connect 8.0 for Android. Open app, select Frames. At the bottom of the screen

is a separate window with an up arrow and current media selection. Hit up arrow to display the media

screen. Volume slider is at the bottom of the screen.  I am thinking there is a default volume setting (50%?)

in version 8.0. When I adjusted volume up to 75% there was plenty of volume in a standard ambient noise

environment. The volume slider stays set across different media.

diesel007
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

I'm using Rondo. I really liked the design and quality and concept . Serial no - 080665U83630504AE. Max volume is too low. Irrespective of the music App I use , Spotify , YT Music , Youtube . Volume is low for everything. Please increase the Max volume. 

omg_robots
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

diesel007 - 

Did you check the volume slider in the Bose Connect app? At least on Android, it was set

by default to about 70%. Sliding it to 100% fixed my max volume problem.

diesel007
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

Yes it worked . Thanks