Max Volume

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Re: Max Volume

That volume slider doesn't make any sense . Just drop it. It will save a lot of users a lot of pain. 

Audible Advocate

I am going to have to agree with the rest of the folks on here, especially earlier in the post.  Prior to the firmware update the max volume was great! After that everything was quite low.  I will try this volume slider within the Bose Connect application to see if this helps remedy the issue.  I am using two devices, a Galaxy Note 8 and a LG G6 if this helps.

Hi Geraldorigio, 

Thanks for posting. 

I look forward to hearing your update. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Hi, I am having same problem since last firmare update. Before update when I had Bose Volume 100%, and Pixel3 Bluetooth Volume 100% they Frames were too loud...which was perfect because sometimes it needs to be that loud when outside, etc...

Since update, I am @ 100% all the time for phone calls, and not loud enough, having hard time hearing people. And my defualt now for music is setting both to 100%.

Can we get this fixed ASAP, or instructions on how to back off this firmware to one that worked?

Firmware 2.3.1, date of Manufacturing Jan 11th, 2019

Hi Dp14,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing volume level issues with your Bose Frames. To confirm, have you tried adjusting the volume for the Frames directly within the Bose Connect application? Additionally, have you tested pairing the Sleepbuds to an alternate device, other than your Pixel 3, to compare for results?

We do not support firmware downgrade on our products. You can find additional information regarding this in the post HERE.

Kindest,

Andy B

Quiet Contributor

Joel, with respect, it's abundantly clear that the Frames' max volume is way too low.  They are useful only for listening in a very quiet room.  Useless outdoors with any sort of urban noise, useless for phone calls in that environment as well.  How hard can it be for Bose to do a firmware update that permits users to increase the volume to the point that the device is actually useful in the real world?

Please do something about this, and not just feed back corporate speak to your customer base.

Thanks.

Hello Framesperson, 

Thank you for reaching out and Welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you feel your Bose Frames is too low. I would recommend trying the steps mentioned by the other moderators. If you have tried this please let me know and we can look to trying other steps. To do this, I will need to know: 

• Your phone version 
  • Your phone software version 
  • Your Bose Connect App version 

I very much look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Quiet Contributor

Thx Vicky. I’ve already tried the volume slider both on the app and on my phone. I have an iPhone XS Max. My frames are brand new with the latest firmware I assume. My phone software is iOS 12.3.1. My Bose app version is 8.1.1.

Hi Frameperson, 

Thank you for providing this information. 

To double check that you are running the most recent firmware, I would recommend following the instructions HERE

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Silent Starter

The volume is too quiet for phone calls.   It appears to be much louder for music, or maybe hearing every note in the music is less important.    

Frames: Alto.  Original factory firmware (the posts in this thread terrify me from "updgrading." I purchased the day of US commercial launch. 

Phone: Galaxy S8

Listening venue: in car, walking.  Even when the car is stopped, it is too quiet.  If the volume were louder, I would keep these on and turn of my cars bluetooth (music and calls).  This was noted by an amazon reviewer-- that these frames are high fidelity enough to replace car speaker sudio.

Please let us know when a firmware update with increased volume is available.  (or a hardware replacement).   Considering returning or finding a competitor.  The "killer feature" of the product is phonecalls (need to hear for this, in car) and music without fiddling with headsets into ears.  The noise cancellation and inability for bystanders to hear is only "sizzle," so don't keep the volume low in mistaking the "sizzle" for the meat.